I need help with a personal project

Edy

Custom or Replica?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should i build a custom or a replica track?

Ok. Here goes nothing. So for one of my school projects (Physics Class), since we are seeing all this electricity things, i need to make a electric circuit, one of the examples of my teacher was making a replica of your house and representing how like the cables conect and that stuff, so in that moment and idea popped to my mind "WHY NOT MAKE A MONSTER TRUCK TRACK?!", and so i told my teacher and he said "Yeah, go ahead". 

So now, here's where it get's tricky, i didn't want to make a stadium, because it would way more dificult to make a replica stadium (Roof, screen, and all that sh*t), so i removed arenas & stadiums, so the only options i have left are well fairgrounds, speedways & that stuff, so i say, well this would work.

I started making some stuff and well i made some blueprints on: a grandstand, a portableligth & a stop ligth, pretty neat, ha?

Also i don't if this important or not, BUT, i'm using this Hot Wheels Monster Jam "Speed Demons" toys (Dimensions are: Long= 4.5cm [1.77in]; Wide= 4cm [1.57in]; High= 4cm [1.57in]) I really don't know the scale so, if you know it. I would really love to hear tt.

Ok now after that backstory, i would like to see if you could help me with this, i want to find a replica track, with those specs, a track that has a grandstand, that when monster trucks are ran there, they use portableligths, i don't care about the stop ligth i'll put anyways on whatever track. I don't care if it's and indepent/FELD track. Also i'm not 100% sure of making a replica, so i'm thinking about the idea of making a custom track too (There's a poll up there so you can vote) if you are kind enough post your opinions & help.

TL;DR: I want to make monster truck for a electricity project, help me see if i choose a replica (and tell me which venue to use) or either to make a custom track

Thanks so much!

Define "portable lights" because I can probably find a few speedways that use them if you give me an example. I'm certain the Dirt Track at Charlotte uses them but I know there's no way you can do an over/under track like that. 

You could try my home track of Dixie Speedway since AFAIK fulfills all the requirements:

4 hours ago, Charlie H. said:

Define "portable lights" because I can probably find a few speedways that use them if you give me an example. I'm certain the Dirt Track at Charlotte uses them but I know there's no way you can do an over/under track like that. 

You could try my home track of Dixie Speedway since AFAIK fulfills all the requirements:

Portable-Light-Tower.jpg

Hey chad goes there!

Also i was looking for track that had a grandstand with a roof on top of it like the one on salinas or the jamboores

1 hour ago, Charlie H. said:

Try some Monster Truck Throwdown events, Monroe Michigan would be perfect:

This is perfect, i'll do some testing with the leds and then update you guys

1 minute ago, Charlie H. said:

Any way you can get a hold of some Micro Machines? If you can smash those up a bit

Hell no, i ain't sacrifing my micro machines collection for this lol or paying an elevated price for them on ebay for me to destroy them, i'll see if i can get some bootleg mexican poo

Get some play doo and kinda just square them  up with a little raised square roof? I cant really think of anything else you could get thats small enough