Show Your Projects Chapter 48

rockgod88

1 minute ago, acdcfan56 said:

ROR has been dead. Sim-Monsters will die soon. Sorry to say it, but it's gonna happen, I mean it can survive, implying you guys can even go a day without fighting....

Edy fern has a point. What I've seen from people is OLD projects that havnt been touched since the last time it shown here. so it was a worthless post to begin with. If he updated it then that's different. but since it hasnt been touched and he's asking to do bring it back when he already has 100 things on him is pointless.

Obviously you do care that you are making so many things at once since you end rushing them and then get annoyed when people point out the mistakes edy. Take your damn time. 

I seriously don't understand the whole, I GOTTA BE FIRST crap. Most stuff on this place is junk because you all rush the crap out of them just to be the first. ITS YOUR TRUCK, TAKE AS LONG AS YOU WANT TO SO YOUR TRUCK IS UP TO YOUR LIKING. IF OTHER PEOPLE DON'T DRIVE IT, IT SHOULD MATTER BECAUSE IT'S YOUR TRUCK. Learn to make trucks for yourself, so you can enjoy... Not what other people want.

If you're not making content for yourself first and foremost then you shouldn't be making it at all. The bits about having to be first dates all the way back to MTM2 and I'll never understand it, if 10 people want to make the same thing why not let them? They'll all be different and it's a part of learning to create better content as a whole.

RoR has been slowly dying for awhile now but this site doesn't have to die too but it will if everyone keeps fighting over meaningless things. It doesn't just have to be a monster truck or RoR specific community. You'll never be able to please everyone so if you can't take any form of criticism whether it's warranted or not then you shouldn't be making content anywhere. You earn respect over time and you also lose it, I didn't see anyone be singled out but some of you always seem to think it applies to you when it doesn't. All of the useless arguments on here are why most of us rarely log in or don't even care if the game dies off completely anymore.

TL;DR: If you like it then you shouldn't care what others think since you didn't make it for them anyway.

• Upvote 4

Let's not talk about the downfall of ROR or Sim-monsters. We haven't even reached that point yet, we're all still here enjoying a video game for as long as we want. I don't care how many trucks or tracks are made or released. Just have fun guys. Johan is right, it's a video game, a hobby FOR OUR ENJOYMENT. I've come to learn a lot over the time I've been here. I know I kinda gone away from making content, but I'll be back at it soon. What you guys make or build is always amazing to watch. To see this community grow is just priceless. Now let's move on and show some cool stuff, Guys.

I love this discussion because it literally defines me lol.  I've made a lot of things that I've shown here, and even more that I haven't, and they haven't been shown or released because I come close to finishing them and move on to something else.  

With that being said I've been going back and finishing older projects and will be releasing them just to get them out and of my computer.

16 hours ago, RKM said:

If you're not making content for yourself first and foremost then you shouldn't be making it at all. The bits about having to be first dates all the way back to MTM2 and I'll never understand it, if 10 people want to make the same thing why not let them? They'll all be different and it's a part of learning to create better content as a whole.

RoR has been slowly dying for awhile now but this site doesn't have to die too but it will if everyone keeps fighting over meaningless things. It doesn't just have to be a monster truck or RoR specific community. You'll never be able to please everyone so if you can't take any form of criticism whether it's warranted or not then you shouldn't be making content anywhere. You earn respect over time and you also lose it, I didn't see anyone be singled out but some of you always seem to think it applies to you when it doesn't. All of the useless arguments on here are why most of us rarely log in or don't even care if the game dies off completely anymore.

TL;DR: If you like it then you shouldn't care what others think since you didn't make it for them anyway.

To add on to what RKM said, please take criticism as helpful tips, well from the guys that usually know what they're talking about. We don't comment to make you feel like its bad, its just parts than can be swapped or paints to be remade to make the truck look better and more accurate. We don't ask you to do things you can't do, when know YOU can make those changes. There is no need to take offense to criticism if it does in the end help your project look better. Some of you need to stop being stubborn and take the advice once in awhile. I'm not joking here, If you can't take criticism on this site. You're gonna hate your life when you need to work for yourself or other companies when they offer you advice on what you can do better. Because you will either ignore then get fired or talked to because they are telling you ways to get better and you aren't doing tit, or B, you can take it make yourself better and carry on with your life. Simple as that.

That's an end for me with this dealio

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, AvengerFan11 said:

*Repli-Custom and Customs*

One suggestion I have is to work on lining up Sway Bar Arms. That's one thing that takes away from your trucks. Other than that, You've got some good looking pieces. Keep it up!

11 hours ago, AvengerFan11 said:

Well, here's kind of a special truck I've been working on. I wanted to bring back one of my favorites from the old TNT days, but not just in a typical manner. I decided to make it as if the truck had been rusting and "awakening from the grave" if you will. There's still so much more I can do with the rust, and I have a few other trucks I wanna try it on. But for now, here's Dave Wieczorek's Night Life!

And here's my two other customs (probably won't ever use them in a league tho lol)

This is the exact look I am aiming for, for that junky custom I have in the works.

How did you achieve authentic looking rust? especially in the rims. really digging it.

Edited by Jon Cannon

16 hours ago, AvengerFan11 said:

Well, here's kind of a special truck I've been working on. I wanted to bring back one of my favorites from the old TNT days, but not just in a typical manner. I decided to make it as if the truck had been rusting and "awakening from the grave" if you will. There's still so much more I can do with the rust, and I have a few other trucks I wanna try it on. But for now, here's Dave Wieczorek's Night Life!

And here's my two other customs (probably won't ever use them in a league tho lol)

Looks good!, Could you also let me know how you got the rust looking like that? What editing software do you use? 

also if your taking and pointers id say you should try lining up sway bars (not meaning to repeat) and us the latest props if you can. for example that transmission is like way old....