Show Your Projects Chapter 48

rockgod88

Not really a double post... and i need dem upvotes

So I fixed the Blue and the paint and made/Heavily edited Marks axles to fit correctly on it, There not 100% but better than before.

ABKRzjK.png

GbbVh7t.png

OMG group pic! So these are some trucks i may/will release. SUD, Aftershock (+ Krazytain), Toxic (i need paint), The Sh*tmobile, Jeep Dragger (what i call it), GD16 and GD19 (for the pack if it happens)

4qnGAgc.png

4hiVego.png

Whhatta think? also i get like 5 FPS taking these pics lol

• Upvote 1

Those are my axles...that you completely butchered...i mean slaughtered :/. Honestly i prefer you to ask someone else who knows blender more to edit them or use a different axle. Making those axles were not easy and to see them look like that is a shame. They were made for a custom n/b which you are not using.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, rockgod88 said:

So I fixed the Blue and the paint and made/Heavily edited Marks axles to fit correctly on it, There not 100% but better than before.

OMG group pic! So these are some trucks i may/will release. SUD, Aftershock (+ Krazytain), Toxic (i need paint), The Sh*tmobile, Jeep Dragger (what i call it), GD16 and GD19 (for the pack if it happens)

They all look awesome.

Also, how are you able to spawn more than 4 trucks out of the v4 Pack without the game crashing? I use 0.37 and whenever I try to spawn more than 4 trucks out of v4, the game crashes.

Edited by Mark Colineri
Delete the photos if you quote

4 hours ago, rockgod88 said:

Like Klayton said, they aren't mine. Why did you have to edit them? The literally work fine the way they were used on my stuff. You didn't need to drag the 4-link tabs closer together making them look like crap to make the 4-links line up with them. Spend a little more time and actually line up the 4-links, and everything else, instead of ruining the model. I don't even know what you did with the texture.

Also, on both Diggers. Why do you have the old really crappy body on 16 and the new really good one on 19? Why not go back and make 16 look as good? 19 definitely sits way too high.

• Upvote 3

Well the axles i normally use are incorrect and to be honest i don't really want to change the NB (but i will if needed) so id figure I would edit the axles for use, to be honest i don't think there that bad, i did try to move stuff around to make the edits not as noticeable.... 

As for 16, I revived it awhile back and didn't bother changing the body because that one was already in place.

Blaise no offense man, but those axles don't look good IMO. I understand your trying to edit it to make them to make them fit, but it's not good to edit already-great models. And Ryan doesn't run those knuckles. The knuckles from Klayton's BETA SUD are the ones that are correct. Also, Mark is right about the Diggers you have in that group pic. GD19 sits much lower and has a softer stance, that shock set up can kill someone if used in real life. And make sure to use the updated digger body on 16, that body on it currently is literally 5 years old. And if you can on SUD, try using Klayton's SUD BETA shocks on it for a much better look. Other than these, trucks look pretty good.

Edited by Jon Cannon
Do not bypass the swear filter for any reason.
  • Upvote 1

.................this is why we learn. I believe your truck are lacking here and there on certain pieces because you start on too many projects at once, so you end up not giving the required amount of time to one to make it look good.

I would suggest to, NOT START ANYTHING NEW, until those trucks you already have, are done, and done correctly. 

Don't worry about not getting "every bodies favorites" done. They can wait.

You were just starting to really improve on your truck building game, don't bombard yourself with projects and lose that momentum.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, maxdman said:

Don't ask.  I don't know why.

*Pics of random items*

I like seeing these items, only because you can incorporate this kind of stuff in your tracks, your just about the only guy right now whos taking the track making game up a notch, while we still have trucks being made better and better every week, tracks are still in a stale mate, and I appreciate the extra effort you put into each and every one of your tracks, keep doing it man <3

Cannon plz dont find something wrong with this post :)

Alright, taking Fern's advice I finished up Aftershock and Krazytrain, the only thing left is a mini.

Any last minute pointers?

3ds41tQ.png

Oh and Will i have fluffy for you, will send tomorrow sry i forgot 

37 minutes ago, rockgod88 said:

Alright, taking Fern's advice I finished up Aftershock and Krazytrain, the only thing left is a mini.

Any last minute pointers?

*snip*

Is there a reason for the yellow inside-body texture on Aftershock?

7 hours ago, iZonarYT said:

Cannon plz dont find something wrong with this post :)

I'm just doing what I'm supposed to do, sorry bud.  

21 hours ago, maxdman said:

Don't ask.  I don't know why.

That little ATM is absolutely adorable.

Edited by Jon Cannon
  • Upvote 1

Making trucks aren't as fast as easy as you think......

Making a mediocre truck is one thing. (Now some of you are learning so it's ok, I started the same way.)

But when you know what you're doing, it's gonna take some time.... Quality over Quantity. Simple as that.

You want to make one really good truck? Welp, you're setting yourself to atleast 2-4 weeks full of work.

• Making models/editing old ones in a good way. (Shocks, Axles, Knuckles, Rims, Tires, Fuel Cell, Cab Parts, Trans, Gearbox, extra chassis parts, etc.)
  • Getting everything textures with it's own name so it doesn't conflict.
  • Testing every model to make sure it fits and looks right.
  • Lining everything up 1 by 1. You do 1 4link, get it right, then move the next, and etc. (This usually takes the longest)
  • Giving everything the right spec maps, texture sizes, and making sure everything shows up in game.
  • Body Model
  • Painting the body
  • Aligning the body to the chassis (Trucks are more fun when you can take the body off, and just drive a chassis)
  • Testing the truck for errors
  • Shock tuning
  • Making sure everything is at its own name and that you aren't replacing someone's files
  • MAKING SURE EVERY FILE IS IN THE FOLDER SO EVERYONE HAS EVERYTHING (MOST ANNOYING PART)

Might be more stuff, but as a truck maker myself, it takes time. And im sorry to say it, you start getting annoyed sometimes because you always try to make the next truck better than the other, and that means more details, which means more time spent working on it. But honestly, you get such a huge sigh of relief and such a proud feeling when you finish the truck, because you know you put a lot of effort on to getting it done. It's not easy, but man it's crazy what we can do with just a computer.

And also, the first truck always takes the longest. Once you get the hang of it, you can really make some trucks fast, but still look good. 

Wild Thang took about 4 weeks.

Heavy Hitter and River Rat took 3 weeks, and that's 2 trucks. But it was easier because I was able to re-use some parts since they run similar pieces.

• Upvote 3