Show Your Projects Chapter 48

rockgod88

15 hours ago, rockgod88 said:

Had this requested to me so why not....

(gotta get dis shine working still, nvrmined fixed now :/ )

If you're gonna do any modifications regarding tires or rim on Max-D you have to keep the rims I originally put on the truck, Max-D does not run the rims you have put on because of the ZF axles he runs under the truck. The rims I put are the only rims that work for the truck. 

You can clearly see the difference just off this picture.

Anaheim-Monster-Jam-2015-023.jpg

2 hours ago, rockgod88 said:

That's the season truck but i am also making the stunt truck, I'm just testing the BkTs because the look nice.

And Fern that looks great! any specific truck there for?

Unnamed

15 hours ago, Helen Weales said:

To be honest, the tire/rim issue is avoidable by changing the inside diameter of the tire. But the truck looks amazing regardless.

That is if he uses flexbodywheels. Meshwheels do not allow that option

5 hours ago, RockCrwlr said:

That is if he uses flexbodywheels. Meshwheels do not allow that option

I was referring to the actual mesh model rather than the .truck file settings. The issue with most of the tires I've seen is they have an inside diameter that is smaller than the outside diameter of the wheels (image below), which is why the tires poke through in-game. Inserting the wheel into the tire in Blender (as a temp guide), and sizing the inside tire diameter to be larger than the wheel generally fixes this.

g93CorV.jpg

18 hours ago, DiggerFan said:

Virginia Giant #1 is now online.

A tutorial or maybe a guide on how to correctly add flares, how to use n/b to make objects move, or even that sweet animation on the front of VG would be real cool.

I know during my Digger builds i wanted to add working headlights, but 1. couldn't find any resource to learn and 2. Wasn't able to figure it out by tinkering with it on my own.

but yea, no force or anything, it would just be cool to learn this stuff from somebody who seems to know a lot about it.