BKTs on trucks

P3ForLife Customs

Well, I know Jimmy Creten doesn't like them because of a lack of grip, and most independent teams don't because they are expensive. However, I've heard from a few Indy's that they actually are starting to like them, and the FELD drivers almost have to because that's one of their biggest sponsors :P

• Upvote 1

If you want to get booked for more then a handful of shows with Monster Jam, you had to run BKT tires. Teams that have to actually pay for their equipment were forced to purchase these over priced, poorly designed and produced 66" garbage tires if they wanted bookings. Seeing as Monster Jam is the #1 promoter for monster trucks, you can see how this made people unhappy.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Outlawed said:

If you want to get booked for more then a handful of shows with Monster Jam, you had to run BKT tires. Teams that have to actually pay for their equipment were forced to purchase these over priced, poorly designed and produced 66" garbage tires if they wanted bookings. Seeing as Monster Jam is the #1 promoter for monster trucks, you can see how this made people unhappy.

Thank you. That sucks tho. Personally i like the look of the BKT's a lot more. IMO the more visible wheels spinning aesthetic looks cool. But of course the sport isnt about looks, it's performance. And when tires (youre practically forced to run) bring down that performance it can get annoying.