World Finals XIX Discussion

TheRetroStyle

Since Pauken just won his tour, I'd assume these guys from that tour are also going to the big show:

• Colt Stephens
  • Chuck Werner (I will flip a table if Feld snubs him again)
  • Tom Meents
  • Cole Venard
  • Candice Jolly
  • Scott Buetow
  • Rosalee Ramer

I'm very iffy about these guys, but chances are they're going to the DDS:

• Jamey Garner
  • Cory Rummel
  • Eric Swanson
  • Like 1

This season has for sure been incredible, so many "wow" moments and indie teams pushing harder than ever. I gotta say one of the driver's who has really impressed me is Randy Brown. After being in arenas for a most of the past couple years he has really shown his skill this year. 

Aside from the drivers who will obviously be in the main line up, I really do hope these drivers make it to the main line-up:

• Cole Venard, he has been just amazing and consistent. I'm very happy he has a place with such a strong team. 
  • Matt Pagliarulo, he can really drive and isn't afraid to go big and his skill is constantly improving. I hope this year is the start of him getting invites to the WF. 
  • Cynthia Gauthier, she can really drive, and clearly has a ton of potential in a stadium tour. She really impressed me subbing in Whiplash.
  • Corey Rummell, maybe not the most consistent driver out there but he can drive hard and isn't afraid to go big either. I can see him doing really well at the WF. 
  • Chuck Warner, I'd honestly be surprised if he doesn't get in. He's had his best season yet. 

DDS: 

• Jamey Garner 
  • Shane England
  •  Eric Swanson 
  • Brad Allen 
  • Steve Thompson

It's amazing how fast the main line-up can fill when looking at everyone who should get a spot. I honestly think the number of driver's should increase. I am aware some of my opinions about who should get in. I want to know people's thoughts on Jimmy Creten and his new truck. I know this may be a very unpopular opinion, but I don't think he should get a spot this year at the WF. Jimmy is an amazing driver and in past years has been one tough competitor. However, based off this past season, I think he should be given another year to work on his new truck some more before getting a spot. The truck has a lot of potential but this year, I have not been impressed. I've been a fan of Jimmy for years and still am, I just feel that there are other drivers who have driven harder and done better who are more deserving of a spot. Thoughts? 

I mean I feel like Creten should get a spot, he’s won racing a few times this year and has been very consistent and the first few times he lost he lost because of the truck having issues not him. I think with the new truck this year could be his year 

I've been a fan of his since the early-mid 2000's, and I honestly wish him well with his new truck. I honestly think it's really freaking cool. I feel the way I do because there are so many deserving drivers this year of a spot, some of which have been a little more consistent with points than Creten. You are totally right about his equipment issues hindering his runs. I just haven't been super impressed overall in comparison to other drivers. 

I'm sure he will get a spot and I'll be routing for him regardless. MJ should really just increase the competition numbers to 40. 

With it officially confirmed that Pauken is in Digger for the main field, a major question comes to mind; who'll drive the Mutt in the main field?

I know this is highly unlikely in a lot of cases, but I'm gonna try to call it and say Kevin Crocker might go to the big show. He's the one whose been driving the Mutt all year, so to not choose him when the guy who normally drives it in the main field is in a different truck this year, especially with how consistent Kevin has been all year, would be kinda strange.

If not Kevin, Cynthia is also a solid choice.

I’m not sure Kevin is really deserving of a spot. He’s a good driver but I don’t think he’s World Finals caliber either. To me either Cynthia should be in it, or just don’t have a normal Mutt. It’s not as big as it used to be anyways 

They could probably put a Digger driver or Max D driver in Mutt if they really wanted it. Great choices would be Randy or even Colton. Neither are going to win their tour, so this might be an option. Plus, MM is really popular, so in a way, it would also be beneficial toward FELD (more merchandise etc). However, you also have to look at Felds past, and then you see that most likely, there will be 4 (actually 5 cuz of Pablo) Diggers and 3 Max Ds (possibly 4 if Jared continues his charge against Justin). Really an argument between what should happens based on logic, and what should happen based on the past.

You're most likely right about Colton, but Randy is only 23 points behind Lee, so he could still pull a fluke and win it. But I see where you're going with this. Neil Elliott did drive FS1 Cleatus 2 years ago so such a twist is definitely possible.

3 El Toros and 2 Megalodons are also possible, as Armando is charging at Tristan like an actual bull, and to not put Alex in the field would be nothing short of a snub.

I think they try and push a el toro driver into mutt, it would be weird to see Chuck in a Mutt and Becky has earned her spot as a El toro driver, I think Armando could make a real good push for the mutt spot. another driver I think could take the mutt would be Blackwell, he's a good driver that would fill that spot very nicely and drives quite similarly to Pauken.

my few choices for the DDS:

Mat Dishman (he's gotten some racing wins it'd surprise me if they put him in the main show)

Jamey Garner ( very consistent this season and with how well Cole has done I don't see why they wouldn't try and get him to vegas)

Zane Rettew ( his new truck has pushed him to a new level and I like where he's going)

Matt Cody ( he's been consistent and deserves a spot)

Honnestly Chuck will drive El Toro Loco in the main field wf because Marc isnt driving ETL anymore so year

I would love to see Armando Castro in the main field as a Monster Mutt driver because he has been so amazing this year.

Mat Dishman would be great for WF DDS

Linsey Read driving Scooby Doo in main field!

Steven Sims Jr driving scooby doo in DDS

43 minutes ago, MoreMonsterJam said:

Honnestly Chuck will drive El Toro Loco in the main field wf because Marc isnt driving ETL anymore so year

I would love to see Armando Castro in the main field as a Monster Mutt driver because he has been so amazing this year.

Mat Dishman would be great for WF DDS

Linsey Read driving Scooby Doo in main field!

Steven Sims Jr driving scooby doo in DDS

put sims in main, linsey in dds