Season 5: Whats on the Horizon

Outlawed

Fitted Node Beams?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Fitted Node Beams?

• Ya
    • Na

So I have been getting some messages pertaining to the upcoming season of SMRA. Here are somethings I would like to address:

1. I am looking for someone to run the second tour if possible, if not I will be overseeing both and just alternating weeks (there will probably be only 5-6 events per tour in this case). If there is someone here who has reasonable experience in running a event properly and is comfortable with giving it a try, feel free to PM me.
  2. Thanks to NAMT, there are several members that made some absolutely beautiful trucks. I felt that it be unjust to not allow people to use them in SMRA. So for this season, any returning competitor are allowed to change or update their SMRA truck without having to "pay". Just ensure that it is how you want it as once the season starts you will have to pay for any changes thereafter. 
  3. I have been toying with the idea of introducing fitted node beams to SMRA (some of you are aware that I have figured out a plausible swaybar setup to stop body roll). If you do not understand what this means, basically the skeleton of the truck will be matched to whatever chassis you are running. Meaning trucks will handle differently and (hopefully) be more realistic. I put up a poll to see the interest but be forewarned, there will be some growing pains if it is implemented (models will have to be re aligned and shock2 setups redone) and will require fine tuning but I believe it will be beneficial for the entire community.

Other then that, more of the same simplistic fun that SMRA has always been about. If there is anything else that you need answered or would like to ask please feel free to post below!

• Upvote 5

• 2 months later...

So just a small update, the can of worms I have opened were a bit more then anticipated. I could have half assed it but I want this experience to be as positive as possible for everyone. This means tweaking some more things to match the rest of what I have been working on.
I promise this will be worth the wait. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Outlawed said:

So just a small update, the can of worms I have opened were a bit more then anticipated. I could have half assed it but I want this experience to be as positive as possible for everyone. This means tweaking some more things to match the rest of what I have been working on.
I promise this will be worth the wait. 

That can of worms better be delicious, keep the good stuff up. You're a damn smart person, season 5 boutta be lit.

• 1 month later...