Please be Respectful to Everyone on Rigs of Rods Multiplayer Servers...

ABgamerX

I really questioned if I should've made this thread a few times or not, but this is getting pretty ridiculous. I'm not gonna call out any names because idk the true identities of the people I dealt with, nor do I remember most of their names. If people are trying to run a tour or fun runs on Rigs of Rods servers, PLEASE respect each other. There are 2 public servers to run ROR on in multiplayer, Rigsofrods.org 12002, and Rigsofrods.org 12003 (at least what I know of). If people are running a tour and a fun run, and you're trying to host yours, please go to another server if possible to reduce lag for other players. If both servers are filled, or if a server is down for some reason, then there's unfortunately no other choice but to live with it and stay out of each others way (since rescheduling events isn't always easy, convenience wise). If people are being disrespectful in the chat, then ignore them, or if you are the one who's being disrespectful, don't do it! People acted disrespectful towards us in a ROR tour earlier (which I'm not gonna mention, and don't ask to join just because of this thread), throwing out insults, then they followed us to our map coordinates, and did donuts on our track. This sabotaged our footage we were trying to record, because they refused to leave us alone! They told us to move our tour to a private server instead, but not everyone can run a private server! Anyways, when the other public server went back up (since it was down earlier), we went to that server, and the other jerks that were in the previous server followed us into the new server, and tried to sabotage us in the same way again! Eventually they left us alone after switching servers a few times. This isn't a rule (at least what I know of), but it's just poor behavior, and should not be tolerated in the ROR community. If you are one of these people, then change to be a person who will respect everyone else in ROR servers, let them do their own event while you do yours. Stay out of each others way, and respect each others wishes instead of sabotaging each other! I'm very sure people have dealt with this many times before, and this needs to be stopped, because this is a pretty serious issue, and I hope a lot of people can agree with this.

• Like 2

Btw, if you guys actually read the message, NOT EVERYONE CAN RUN A PRIVATE SERVER. Yes, I get that it is a P U B L I C   S E R V E R, and am completely aware of that. I'm just asking everyone to please respect each others wishes in events if they are on the same server, and stay out of their ways, instead of trying to sabotage other players and trying to ruin their event. Because that's just a d!ck move.

Over the multitude of video games I've played in my lifetime, I couldn't tell you how many servers I regularly had fun playing on eventually succumbed to a toxic bloodbath. I understand that not everyone can run a private server, it takes a decent computer and the need to be available when anyone wants to play and all that, and the fact that it's a public server you understand that you really have no control over it.

I would just stay clear of it all and try not to fan the flames. I don't really think anything can be done about it here that would impact you positively by posting this thread, but I would highly suggest finding a way to make a private server.

If it's this much of an issue I would definitely try getting your group together and figuring out how to make a private server for all of you.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't play much anymore but from my past experiences running a server was never that hard as long as you had a somewhat decent upload speed, computer specs didn't really matter that much unless you were trying to host it and run in it with multiple people. Trying to do anything other than a funrun in a public server usually never goes well but I do remember instances of people attempting serious events or even leagues in public servers and it not going well and a lot of times the toxicity was resulting from how strict or rude they tended to be to others not in their group. Not saying that's the case but I've seen that be a root cause of disagreements more than not. I highly doubt anyone from on here that has run or been involved with running any events would do such a thing in any server and unfortunately I don't remember if the official ROR forum online tokens linking accounts still functions but if anyone had some sort of a red or green flag next to their name that was causing problems should be named though the downside to that is you can change your name to whatever you want on the servers and there have been quite a few impersonators of respected members of all the ROR sites. Sim-Monsters also does not host any public servers to my knowledge and they are not exclusive to users Sim-Monsters.com, there were some where some of us on the moderator team had a moderator role in those servers but I do not know if that is still the case.