The decline of motorsports

CarCrusher

56 minutes ago, Brad Kerlin said:

This thread is getting too deep.

This mentality is one of the problems with younger generations.  Everyone is now "good vibes only" where reality is not allowed to enter their "safe space".  No critical thinking, no sort of thought process whatsoever; just living on non-stop erratic emotions.  Not saying this describes you at all, but it's okay to have deep discussions.

• Upvote 1

On 2/19/2019 at 8:50 PM, CarCrusher said:

Seemed like every 5 mins they had to remind you that “Monster Jam is a sport where both male and female ‘athletes’ compete together on the same field” and the zombie chick would not shut up saying “girls can do anything boys can do blah blah blah”. It was just painful to sit through. 

3 hours ago, Helen Weales said:

killing traditional family values by putting both parents to work (to tax both parents/have kids raised by public education & Hollywood)

Okay. I agree with everything but this made me sick. Painful to sit through a woman doing the same thing a man can and kick butt while doing it? I smell bitterness or jealousy. That's not PC-ness... That's human decency. Unless you still believe women need to cook and clean and let the "Men" do the "Hard work"? Because let me remind you, that "Zombie Chick" Bench Presses/Dead Lifts 100+ Pounds (As seen on social media), rides dirt bikes, and could kick your a** any day. It's just sickening to see people do this to the concept of Female equality. The overload of testosterone prevents most from seeing the fact that women do the majority of things better than men... Let's not forget, a woman has won 2 World Championships and openly spoken about how she whopped the boys' a**. Most of us men are the real sissies, not the women. Just because you're a "certain age" (There's a specific age group here i'm referring to that seems to think that everything in the world is terrible and still holds 1800's style values) doesn't mean you can portray this much of a lack of human decency. I know it was stated it had "nothing to do with female empowerment", yes it is, and you know it. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with both parents working. I was raised with both parents at work, and have STRONG familial values, as do most other families. Why not have the man stay home and implement the "strong familial values" if they're so superior? I'm just revolted.  Also, "Unfortunately, I won’t die soon unless I’m lucky enough to get cancer or die in an accident. I’m serious. I truly do not wish to live in this world" is mortifying to read. You've been gifted with the most beautiful thing, life, and this is what you do? Are you kidding me? Way to be an ungrateful piece of crap. You know how many people die, are dying, or are having a family member die at any age because of a multitude of factors, who would give anything to have the gift of life re-gifted to them? It's quite honestly nauseating that someone would be this much of an ungrateful brat to wholeheartedly wish that they'd die. That's just disrespect. It's not okay, and quite honestly revolting and disgusting. This is without a doubt the most  stomach-churning thing I've read on this site. I find it quite ironic that people from this crowd claim "The new generations are ruining the world and spreading hate" while the real ones poisoning our society and and spreading hate are quite the opposite. 

50 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

Okay. I agree with everything but this made me sick. Painful to sit through a woman doing the same thing a man can and kick butt while doing it? I smell bitterness or jealousy. That's not PC-ness... That's human decency. Unless you still believe women need to cook and clean and let the "Men" do the "Hard work"? Because let me remind you, that "Zombie Chick" Bench Presses/Dead Lifts 100+ Pounds (As seen on social media), rides dirt bikes, and could kick your a** any day. It's just sickening to see people do this to the concept of Female equality. The overload of testosterone prevents most from seeing the fact that women do the majority of things better than men... Let's not forget, a woman has won 2 World Championships and openly spoken about how she whopped the boys' a**. Most of us men are the real sissies, not the women. Just because you're a "certain age" (There's a specific age group here i'm referring to that seems to think that everything in the world is terrible and still holds 1800's style values) doesn't mean you can portray this much of a lack of human decency. I know it was stated it had "nothing to do with female empowerment", yes it is, and you know it. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with both parents working. I was raised with both parents at work, and have STRONG familial values, as do most other families. Why not have the man stay home and implement the "strong familial values" if they're so superior? I'm just revolted.  Also, "Unfortunately, I won’t die soon unless I’m lucky enough to get cancer or die in an accident. I’m serious. I truly do not wish to live in this world" is mortifying to read. You've been gifted with the most beautiful thing, life, and this is what you do? Are you kidding me? Way to be an ungrateful piece of crap. You know how many people die, are dying, or are having a family member die at any age because of a multitude of factors, who would give anything to have the gift of life re-gifted to them? It's quite honestly nauseating that someone would be this much of an ungrateful brat to wholeheartedly wish that they'd die. That's just disrespect. It's not okay, and quite honestly revolting and disgusting. This is without a doubt the most  stomach-churning thing I've read on this site. I find it quite ironic that people from this crowd claim "The new generations are ruining the world and spreading hate" while the real ones poisoning our society and and spreading hate are quite the opposite. 

I think you’d find my tone more light-hearted if this chat were in person. I’m not so much making pronouncements on how things are, but rather I’m questioning things, and expressing my concerns. I tend to be hyperbolic when my emotions get the best of me. I tend to also start fires with the subject matters I bring up. I guess it is my mistake for using the internet to vent. Perhaps I’m looking for reassurance. I’m not sure. Anyway, you’re right. I don’t dissgree with what you’ve said.

4 hours ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

Well, you've managed to completely misunderstand everything I wrote. 🤣

But I'll just leave you with this: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/tennis/aus/2017/01/21/serena-williams-nicole-gibbs-australian-open/96876832/

Apply this to any other physical sport.  It's why real sports are segregated by gender.  It's why trans women entering women's sporting events demolish actual women and vice versa.  It's scientifically proven and you can't use emotions to debate such a thing no matter how much you want to believe what you've been told by a feminazi who probably knows nothing about the actual history of feminism.  Superiority in sporting events doesn't make one gender overall superior because there's more to life than sports, and both can perform various tasks better than the other, and when paired they can compliment each other really well.  It's the way the world has worked for thousands of years.

P.S. monster trucks are not a physical sport, or even a real sport.

2 hours ago, CarCrusher said:

Just for the record, how many people agree with Helen Weales that a stage 4 electric MT is desirable? Just trying to figure out if this is actually a thing many folks believe, or if Helen Weales is just a fringe individual in his position.

lol, why does it even matter what others think?  It's been repeatedly proven that Tesla Model S cars always demolish ICEs off the line, and in many cases 1/4 mile straight lines against cars that cost several times more (and the Tesla is not exactly built for top speed).  But don't take my word for it, go look it up for yourself.  There are probably hundreds of videos of Model S cars destroying ICE-equipped cars with ridiculous amounts of horsepower, like the 800+ HP Dodge Demon; to engineering marvels like the McLaren 720s, along with plenty of other supercars.   If a mess of a company like Tesla can achieve this, imagine what will happen when real car companies like Porsche, Audi, VW, Ford, etc start releasing electric vehicles... 

Now considering MTs involve short bursts of power on smaller tracks, it's a no-brainer as to what would happen with a properly engineered electric monster truck.  It would be game over for stage 3 trucks.  Bigfoot would once again be banned from competition, just in time for the 30 year anniversary of the first banning. 😅

7 hours ago, Helen Weales said:

Well, you've managed to completely misunderstand everything I wrote. 🤣

But I'll just leave you with this: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/tennis/aus/2017/01/21/serena-williams-nicole-gibbs-australian-open/96876832/

Apply this to any other physical sport.  It's why real sports are segregated by gender.  It's why trans women entering women's sporting events demolish actual women and vice versa.  It's scientifically proven and you can't use emotions to debate such a thing no matter how much you want to believe what you've been told by a feminazi who probably knows nothing about the actual history of feminism.  Superiority in sporting events doesn't make one gender overall superior because there's more to life than sports, and both can perform various tasks better than the other, and when paired they can compliment each other really well.  It's the way the world has worked for thousands of years.

P.S. monster trucks are not a physical sport, or even a real sport.

I appreciate that you’re sharing your views, but could I please ask that we not go there? 

@NtheDiggerfan I’m not sure why you dragged a quote of mine from a completely different thread and ranted about it here. That’s kind of strange. It is similar to what you did to me in the last thread where you misquoted me and tried to get me in trouble for saying things I never said. Then when I showed you that you were wrong you just kept on making the same claims. I’m not upset bud, but please quit doing stuff like that.

@Helen Weales I guess I’ll end this conversation about the trucks by saying that there’s no way in a month of sundays I will ever support electric monster trucks. I don’t care if they’d outperform the current ICE trucks. I am a purist of the most hardline proportions. I want the roar of an alcohol V-8. That is MTs to me. It’s like making an electric Harley Davidson. At least half the reason people buy Harleys is for the sound and the feel of having that piece of equipment the way it is. To me, if you make those radical changes it stops being a monster truck. I’m sure you’ll retort with some very articulate argument proving me wrong or whatever. I just disagree with you. Not every argument can be made with syllogisms or axioms. Some times it truly does come down to “I like it this way, and I want to keep it this way”.

57 minutes ago, NtheDiggerfan said:

@CarCrusher, it was said in this thread, but whatever. Long story short I just found it revolting.

I stand corrected. Sorry about that!

Anyway, I don’t think anything I said was revolting. In fact, my disdain for PC stuff is perfectly justified because of the very measurable societal damage it does. Look, I understand where you’re coming from, but it’s very misguided to say the least. Let me tell you why it’s misguided if I may.....

This notion of saying that “women are as good or better at most things than men” is not only wrong, but it is probably the most egregious denial of the most obvious, self-evident reality I can think of. You used the example of the Zombie driver who you said benches 100+ lbs and “eats men for breakfast”, and could “whoop my butt”. Look man, no offense to you or anyone else, but you’re DREAMING if you think that. And that’s not an indictment against her at all. She’s obviously very talented and strong for a woman. But she’ll NEVER beat the average man physically, and that is just a biological reality. 100 lbs is nothing. That’s the weight I STARTED WITH when I started benching, and not much under that when I started deadlifting. Hell, when I started lifting, I was using just shy of 100 lbs for ROMANIAN deadlifts, which involve holding the bar for multiple reps, and I’m just a very average, if not below average man. I’m nothing special physically. This girl not only couldn’t even come close to beating me up, but if the average guy like me actually tried to fight her and didn’t hold back, she would risk some serious injury or even death against your average guy if he truly fought her as if he were fighting another man. The only way she’s likely ever “beaten up” a man is probably because the man didn’t even try to fight her because he didn’t want to hit a girl.

Again, I think she’s great. She was an awesome monster truck driver. She did a spectacular job when I saw her drive. I’m not disputing her place in the sport. She certainly deserves to be there. But it is not sexist to recognize that men and women both possess certain biological imperatives that make them generally suited to certain roles. These biological differences, as Helen said, complement each other in a way that has held human society together and strong for millennia. That’s why I don’t necessarily see it as this unequivocally good thing when we give this unfettered praise to women and try to say that they should be equal to men in every aspect, and proceed to shove them into more masculine occupations just for the sake of “diversity” and “political correctness” even when most of them don’t really want to be there and would rather be doing something else (not saying this is the case with Zombie girl). The evidence clearly shows that society suffers when we try to subvert these natural male and female roles and proclivities. Marriages and relationships suffer, fertility rates suffer, children suffer... It does not necessarily work to the benefit of women to treat them this way. Traditional family principles was the backbone of humanity’s survival for millenia. When we try to tamper with them, society goes straight down the drain. And it’s not an indictment against women to say this. It doesn’t make them “lesser” of the two sexes. It just means that they are an equally important piece to the puzzle, and possess a set of crucial biological imperatives that men can never have. It does no favors to anyone to beat down men, tell them they’re sexist for doing the things they do and holding the place in society they hold, and tell them they have to step down so we can push women into their places. We need men to shine for what they’re good for, and women to shine for what they’re good for. That’s a proven combination.