Official Monster Jam World Finals XX Thread

NtheDiggerfan

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so ima post my predictions for the last 12:

1. Max-D - Neil Elliott - Stadium Tour 2 Champion (I'm afraid he won't get in if he doesn't win his tour, hence why I listed him as a Series Champion)
  2. Max-D Fire - Tom Meents - Stadium Tour 1 Champion (It's pretty obvious he's gonna get in, but it'd be really refreshing to see him win his tour)
  3. Grave Digger - Randy Brown - Arena Tour Champion (Was really hoping Zane or Linsey would get it, but oh well)
  4. Grave Digger - Adam Anderson (Reigning World Racing Champ. Pretty sure that right there seals his spot)
  5. Son-Uva Digger - Ryan Anderson (Same with Adam)
  6. Monster Mutt - Charlie Pauken (Goin' back to the good ol' days with him in the mutt)
  7. Bakugan Dragonoid - Camden Murphy (The sponsorship seals his spot but either way this was an incredible season for him)
  8. Black Pearl - Cole Venard (Come on man, he deserves it)
  9. Brodozer - Heavy D (I think he confirmed himself that he'd be in, so yeah)
  10. Bounty Hunter - Jim Creten (With how much he's bashed and thrashed the thing this year, I'd be surprised if he doesn't make it)
  11. Great Clips Mohawk Warrior - Bryce Kenny (Somewhat of a bumpy season, but I think the sponsorship has his back)
  12. Soldier Fortune - Kayla Blood (She's been in the Showdown 3 times before, isn't in it this year, and this was her best season yet. She deserves it)

There were some drivers that I was debating over, but ultimately I went with these 12.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this. Our first taste of the elevated racing was really interesting... I suspect if we had that many close races/comebacks/wipeouts just in qualifying, the real Showdown/main field racing will be even more intense. I also suspect we will see someone hit the backflip ramp on the way down the elevated start line and/or hit it after crossing the finish line at least once. These competitors all want it really bad. 

The track isn’t 2 Wheel Skills friendly as I thought it would be for that portion. It will be interesting to see the freestyle track if they keep the obstacles they have thus far that centered and make one giant center piece or what. 

10 hours ago, skwonderfactory said:

Bumping this. Our first taste of the elevated racing was really interesting... I suspect if we had that many close races/comebacks/wipeouts just in qualifying, the real Showdown/main field racing will be even more intense. I also suspect we will see someone hit the backflip ramp on the way down the elevated start line and/or hit it after crossing the finish line at least once. These competitors all want it really bad. 

The track isn’t 2 Wheel Skills friendly as I thought it would be for that portion. It will be interesting to see the freestyle track if they keep the obstacles they have thus far that centered and make one giant center piece or what. 

Yeah well mostly everyone will do the same move, moonwalk, slap wheelie or stoppie. then the people who try to go for the bicycle into moonwalk will obviously win cough ryan anderson cough

the track looks amazing! really love the colors, the setting is really amazing to look at rather then desert and mountains. 

The award ceremony was fun to watch and got me hyped, the press conference was the same thing. Since they uploaded qaulifying to their youtube channel do yall think Monster Jam will also upload racing and freestyle and other comps to youtube or stream them on monsterjam.com?

SHOWDOWN RESULTS:

ROUND 1:

Soldier Fortune Black Ops defeated Monster Mutt Dalmatian

Kraken bye run; Grave Digger unable to start due to mechanical problems

Scooby-Doo defeated El Toro Loco (YES)

Max-D defeated Alien Invasion

SEMI-FINALS:

Kraken defeated Soldier Fortune Black Ops (BIG UPSET)

Scooby-Doo defeated Max-D (YES YES YES YES YES)

Kraken unable to come back due to mechanical problems :(

FINAL ROUND:

SCOOBY-DOO DEFEATED SOLDIER FORTUNE BLACK OPS (YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!)

YOUR SHOWDOWN CHAMPION IS LINSEY READ IN SCOOBY-DOO!

Tom Meents wins Two Wheel Skills!

JIMMY CRETEN HAS FINALLY WON THE WORLD RACING CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

Edited by TheRetroStyle

So happy to see Jimmy win.  I've seen him win racing so many times at Ford Field and knew he had it in him to take that championship.  I've been a Bounty fan for so long and to finally see this makes me so happy.  This is the ultimate early birthday present for me.  Congrats 2 Xtreme Racing.