RULES UPDATE 6/7/20! Welcome to UMTC!

Mistfire333

Rules and traits are subject to change up until the first official event.

Howdy! Welcome to UMTC, a league focused on the creativity and skill of Sim Monsters’ competitors in both racing and freestyle. This league aims to both innovate and experiment with the current state of Sim Monsters competition by utilizing different types of venues and challenges to break the mold.

The following is a summary of the rules and format for this league.

There will be two events per week, the first event of each week being what I call “Off-road Challenges,” while the second event being a classic venue show.

Off-road Challenges utilize the various maps included with the download of RoR2020.1 as well as other maps created by the community to create a point-to-point time attack. The fastest driver for each map gets to challenge one other competitor who they want to race against in the next event of the week, which takes place at a more typical venue. If the driver they want to race is not in the top 10, they are still guaranteed a spot in the next venue as “duel drivers.” The checkpoint map itself will be posted in the announcement of each Off-road Challenge.

Off-road Challenges are limited to 36 trucks. The drivers with the top 8 fastest times are guaranteed a spot in the next venue for that week, so aim to qualify within the top 10!

Off-road Challenges do not count for any points, rather they serve as a way for some competitors to guarantee themselves a spot in points competition. If you cannot or choose to not take up the Off-road Challenge, you are welcome to take one of the 6-7 first come first serve spots when sign ups open.

There will be an Off-road Challenge champion crowned at the end of each season, and there will be bonus points awarded at the end of the points season to a select number of top drivers, so keep that in mind.

The venue events have a limit of 16 drivers including myself. This means that, including the top 8 from the off-road challenge, there are 7 slots available to sign up for (6 if there is a duel driver) 

Sign ups will be open at 7:30 Eastern Time and they are first come first serve. Please do not sign up for someone else without asking me if it’s ok ahead of time. Once the cap is met, leftover sign ups will be treated as fill-ins.

A specialty of UMTC is the freedom for competitors to opt for either the Freestyle or Racing map of a venue for their freestyle performance. Racing map freestyles will go first, and proper map freestyles will go after the last racing map freestyle is chosen. Your map decision is final for each event, no changing your mind.

There will be a panel of 3 judges maximum who will watch over each event that I will NOT be a part of for the venue events. They will each grant a score from 1-40, and the score granted to a driver will be averaged between the three scores given (example, a 35, 36, 35 score will average out to 35.33). In the event of a tie in freestyle scoring, whoever advanced further in the racing bracket that night will be awarded with the win.

Judges will be chosen out of fill-in drivers and they are chosen based off experience (time on the site + record), availability, and overall maturity. You relinquish the right to participate in the specific event you volunteer to judge for if you are chosen.

If one judge is absent, then there will obviously be two judges. If two judges are absent, then there will be one sole judge. If no judges are available, I will have 3 random participating drivers score runs.

Venues will be picked out by me to be voted on in polls by competitors in the discord chat. This is done to prevent non-participating drivers from influencing events against the wishes of competing drivers. Off-road Challenges are held on maps that I myself choose.

EVENT RULES

OFF-ROAD CHALLENGE RULES:

1. Visibly straying from the indicated course will count as an Out Of Bounds finish. If this happens, this means your run is over.

2. Rolls do not stop your time. If you roll and cannot recover, you are only allowed to reset WHERE YOUR TRUCK STOPS.

3. If during your roll you fell off the side of a cliff or something of that nature, you are allowed to respawn at the point before your truck fell off. We are not going to stop time for you to respawn there, so have your SAVE_POS key handy if you want to save time.

4. Time will only run between the start and finish line. Whatever happens in between, as long the judges and officials don’t think you’re taking forever, you’re good to go. Times exceeding a specific maximum will count as a DNF.

RACING RULES: Two rules, very simple.

1. Don’t one tire or red light.

2. If you roll, and your opponent rolls, whoever got further along the flow of the map wins that race.

FREESTYLE RULES:

1. Freestyles do not need to be extremely realistic. All that I ask is that if you are going to pull off a trick that is unusual, you let me and the judges know ahead of time what it is going to be. If the trick begs for us to see what it is you have in mind, we will request that you arrange a visual example with THE JUDGES, not me. 

2. You will have 5 seconds to recover from any sort of roll, and your time to recover starts the moment the top of any part of your truck makes contact with the ground. It sounds complicated, but it’s quite simple in action. No hack saves, the best you can do is play with the throttle to start a sidewall. If you begin a sidewall from being on your lid, you must obey RII if you have not yet recovered. This means that if you are given an RII while you’re still side walking, get off the throttle or kill the engine and cross your fingers. Sidewalls that produce recoveries after an RII is given will be good enough for a re-fire.

3. No hard hits allowed. Hard landings on tailgates do not count as hard hits, but even if you end up on all four wheels, violent tumbles are going to be given an RII.

4. No wall hits. Brushing the wall is fine, and having almost stopped when you hit a wall is forgiven, but only once.

5. Follow the judges and officials’ directions at all times. There is always a reason why they are telling you to do something, don’t challenge it by stalling the flow of the events. Misunderstandings or mistakes can be addressed and corrected as long as you cooperate and behave yourself.

6. Less than realistic moves that don’t come off as naturally occurring will be ignored for scoring or given as much credit as a normal backflip if they were not addressed to the judges or myself ahead of time. SO MAKE SURE YOU TELL US IF YOU HAVE A SPECIAL SIGNATURE MOVE!

Racing points are as follows...

1st place: 30 points

2nd place: 25 points

Semi-Finalist: 20 points

Quarter Finalist: 15 points

Second Round: 10 points

First Round: 5 points

Freestyle points are awarded to you as they are given. A score of 28 means you get 28 points.

You are welcome to use any kind of truck for the event. No trucks with modified speed or extreme suspension setups, please.

• Upvote 1