what happend with blue thunder

monsterextremo99

okay, here's the story. (i'll talk about taz too, because i have nothing better to do, lol). ford dropped out of sponsoring monster jam as of 2011, which is why blue thunder and linsey weenk was at minneapolis in november. after that though, feld had to take all the ford logos off of blue thunder (look in your 2011 yearbook, the places where all the ford logos are, even the oval on the front, are photoshopped out). blue thunder won't be back of course next year, due to the fact that there's no sponsorship holding it. same thing happened with taz. their contract for the taz name left this year, which is why it was turned into "tasmanian devil", and no longer looked like the character taz. most likely tasmanian devil won't be back next year either.

• Upvote 1

okay, here's the story. (i'll talk about taz too, because i have nothing better to do, lol). ford dropped out of sponsoring monster jam as of 2011, which is why blue thunder and linsey weenk was at minneapolis in november. after that though, feld had to take all the ford logos off of blue thunder (look in your 2011 yearbook, the places where all the ford logos are, even the oval on the front, are photoshopped out). blue thunder won't be back of course next year, due to the fact that there's no sponsorship holding it. same thing happened with taz. their contract for the taz name left this year, which is why it was turned into "tasmanian devil", and no longer looked like the character taz. most likely tasmanian devil won't be back next year either.

Only thing I want to add is that Ford pulled the sponsorship from the main series (Like AAP is now) basically you can think of Grinder as a Blue Thunder replacement. However LOCAL Ford dealers still sponsor events but Ford Motor Co. itself does not sponsor Monster Jam anymore. ;)

• Upvote 2

Think about it, they worked so hard on that pack. It took a long time to make it 100% for everyone to enjoy. I don't think ANYONE is even THINKING about a new pack now. Why would you ask about a new pack anyways? This one is awesome.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I read somewhere that Blue thunder will stick around for a while, but it won't get anywhere close to as much exposure (TV time, etc) as it used to. My translation: We're gonna stick it at all the pos 4 truck arena shows as field filler with some talentless nobody behind the wheel.

I read somewhere that Blue thunder will stick around for a while, but it won't get anywhere close to as much exposure (TV time, etc) as it used to. My translation: We're gonna stick it at all the pos 4 truck arena shows as field filler with some talentless nobody behind the wheel.

So your saying it takes no talent to run in an arena? Let's see you try and not destroy the walls.

• Upvote 1