Suggestions Thread

Casey Graves

i have been working on the shock setup. got the soft shock trucks acting better. the coil sprung trucks are about right. still trying to get rid of the major understeer these trucks have. also i have added power to them. anyone interested IM me Built350camaro

I am for it Casey, and as you already know I have been working on the Black Stallion truck and have others that I am working on to. I have mainly changed the engoption and shocks on the trucks, in an attempt to give each trucks its own personality. And that is my suggestion, if people would like the trucks to react different to one another, as we know that would add to the realism factor.

• Upvote 4

i support keeping each truck exactly the same. even if you keep the power the same youll still have trucks out there that put others at a disadvantage in the area of handling which will still make them faster than other trucks. thats not fair at all.

• Upvote 1

"barely" is the key word. it still changes it and can give someone even the slightest unfair advantage. its just proves my point that anyone and everyone can still be put at a disadvantage and someone can always be faster than everyone else. the trucks setups need to be kept the same to ensure fair races.

"barely" is the key word. it still changes it and can give someone even the slightest unfair advantage. its just proves my point that anyone and everyone can still be put at a disadvantage and someone can always be faster than everyone else. the trucks setups need to be kept the same to ensure fair races.

Why? Because you don't think the same top fastest drivers will be the fastest then or what? Seriously either your dumb and want to SEVERELY limit ROR on its capabilities for monster trucks or simply have no idea what you're trying to talk about. Ask ANYONE from MTM2 do we want more realistic handling or the EXACT same setup as everyone else, We never ran the exact same setups in MTM2 (unless it was a RULE) so why start now. My guess is you simply can't drive the trucks currently which is why you never even show up to any actual events. I've personally tested the edits crazy did and not only did it make the truck handle better, allow you more control and allow the truck to have SOME kind of reaction but it also made it way more fun to drive, you can't go and hit something in 2nd gear and just land flat and keep going.. you WILL get a hell of a rebound if you get some big air and land hard which is HOW it should be!

The new setups will be more fun, allow for even CLOSER action then we've already had and more skill tested freestyles. No one I've ran with drives exactly the same as someone else, or do we not want to see the skill everyone here has with something better? I mean really dude it handled better in the sense it was easier to drive for the most part (other than the rebound which makes it just that much more awesome)but you also have actual suspension travel now. I can personally say that it will make for some amazing races and freestyles to be born from it. However I'm sure not one person here actually wants any of what I've stated. One last thing, how is it unfair if you have to work even hard just to get a simple slap wheelie, or to NOT flip on a violent rebound? Oh right cause that would totally make it unfair to everyone else that can drive worth a damn.

[/end oggypost]

• Upvote 2

You know I am going to say one thing here Monster Trucks are NOT fair in the real world Bounty Hunter has 1700HP and Digger has 1475HP do they complain No. It is in fact the driver that make the difference. I could give bounty hunter the 17000 torque in game but it comes down to "can you drive it and control it" You may have a faster truck but it doesn't mean anything unless you can drive it. I know that some people will not want the change and others will, but I am trying to shoot for a little more realism and it would also be a challenge. And just to say this, aren't we gong for simulation here?

• Upvote 3

My two cents is that altering handling definitely would not make it unfair in anyway. Each truck would then suit a driving style. Just to use a real life example if you put Tom Meents in Bounty Hunter and Jimmy Creten in Max D, would either of them do as well for at least a few events? Probably not. Giving more power to trucks would give advantage, but does the highest hp always mean a win...nope. I think trucks that behave and have the power of their real life counter parts would be an immense addition to the game.

• 2 weeks later...