Dave J saying hello and thank you for the great work

DrGig

Hi all, new to all this, tried RoR a while ago, but just downloaded v3 pack and some tracks, what a blast. Really great what you have put together here, thank you.

So far i've got it running and wheel configured (for the most part - still figuring out the best way to use the rear steer). I do have a few questions....

-is there a way to set the rear steer to an axis for variable control or is it just an on/off?

-is there a way to change the setup of the truck? shocks, springs, etc?

-how do you guys get the run times? (lap timer) i need to find out how slow i am ;)

-how do i get involved with the online races? is there a time that you guys run non-official that i could give it a try?

thanks again for a great mod,

Dave

-is there a way to set the rear steer to an axis for variable control or is it just an on/off?

Not sure about that

you are not allowed to do that for competition

-how do you guys get the run times? (lap timer) i need to find out how slow i am ;)

stop watch

-how do i get involved with the online races? is there a time that you guys run non-official that i could give it a try?

Sign ups are in season 2 section of the bored. and I think King of the Hill is starting and thats pretty much nonofficial.

Just like real life, rear steer is only a on off, F1 and F2 are defaulted buttons, I don't remember how to change it to a wheel

Not legally (against league rules).

Sim Monsters, uses a stop watch to time laps, from when the truck leaves the line, and when the truck crosses the finish line.

On the forum, there is a part of the forum called Season 2, (Replica, and Custom) each of those sub fourms have something called sign up/truck list, it lists the trucks that are taken, and that aren't taken. Replica league races are ran each Sunday, and Custom series is ran on Fridays

AIM me at M13Stal, Ill give you more information about my league that I run, and no, its not a noob league, all but one mod from here are involved in it weekly.

thanks for all the replies.

sounds like i need to get aim going (dont currently use it) and a stop watch ;)

got the rear steer programmed to buttons on my wheel, so that is all looking good.

im still a little confused with the different leagues (custom, replica, koth). are they all currently active? what week is this, what track is next?

thanks again,

Dave

Currently the custom and replica leagues are going on but there is only a handful of races left for each, KoTH is like a league race but does not count for points towards any series except for rare occasions like our Summer Heat series, but most of the time they are just races during the offseason for our main 2 leagues. Also the only other thing I suggest is that you try to read all the threads in the league forums on here as they will tell you alot about how to race and what goes on during an event.