How to change truck Physics/Gears?

VanysH

Question

Hello Everyone!!! Looking for some help here!!!

I have recently gotten a hold of the original V3 Truck pack, which AT LAST, I found my favorite Truck, Snake Bite 2009. Now, my original plans were to enter Snake Bite as a surprise entrant in the sim-monsters RORMJL (Rigs Of Rods Monster Jam Live), but The season had long been underway, and I was unable to find a Competition worthy truck. Now that I have the truck I like, the only thing left to do is to set it up where it can actually compete in RORMJL, for when it does start up again. That's where the problems start. I planned on the physics swap with Blue Thunder, since it made sense the two trucks looked fairly similar. However, I AM NO MASTER in coding, and I am very new to Rigs Of Rods. Can someone help me out please and thank you!!!

1 answer to this question

So this is just what I would do back when I'd edit almost every truck somehow. I can almost guarantee it's not the RIGHT way and you may have to adjust placement of props like Shocks or the body or something but yea this is a quick easy way to get your desired effect.

Also if you're using it for a league you might want to send it to someone to check and see if your changes are legal.

Make a copy of your original truck file so you don't have to worry if you don't like how it ends up.

Anything you copy from one truck file goes to and replaces the same spot on the other.

What I used to do is just copy from "engine" down to "rollon" from a truck with my desired gearing and copy it to the .truck file i want to swap it to.

Then I'd swap nodes by copying everything from under "nodes" to just above "meshwheels" and swap that over to the truck you want to use, and lastly scroll down a bit and copy all the "shocks" areas and swap those over.

And that was it. Like I said, prop placements are likely to change so just keep an eye on it.