New here, whazzup?

SybilSixx66

Hey everyone, just thought I'd pop in and see what all the fuss is about. A few people should know who I am if they came from MTM2, but just so you all know, I am a total noob at this game, so just bear with me for a while. Now, who do I need to talk to about problems with the game?

Thanks. By the way, you got some awesome stuff here judging by what I saw just now. Anyway, the problem I'm having is I will pick the track I want to race on, then it will go to the loading track screen, sit there for a while, then the game closes without any warning. It took me months before the darn thing would ever install, too. Any ideas?

Thanks. By the way, you got some awesome stuff here judging by what I saw just now. Anyway, the problem I'm having is I will pick the track I want to race on, then it will go to the loading track screen, sit there for a while, then the game closes without any warning. It took me months before the darn thing would ever install, too. Any ideas?

Wait longer then 5 seconds....depending on your computer it can take a few seconds or a few minutes to load certain tracks.

ok if you can do these three things.

By email, aim, or pm

1.) List of your computers specs or a dxdiag.

Windows key + r windows key = (flag between ctrl and alt)

once the run window pops up type dxdiag let it load then save the txt file and send that to me.

2.) Send me your RoR log.

Windows 7 = C:\Users\sampleuser\Documents\Rigs of Rods\logs

Windows XP = \Documents\Rigs of Rods\logs

3.)

Print screen your settings you are using for ingame.

Launch RorConfig the press alt + prnt screen on the setttings/rendersystems tab and settings graphics tab. Once you print screen you can simply save those images by pasting them in mspaint or photoshop.

Example image= do not use these settings

imageaj.png

Example image= do not use these settings

imagegw.png

Good to hear you didnt have any major issues with the game other than it being performance related.

quick tweaks for performance

FSAA needs to be lowered. 2 looks fine in this game

Also dropping the resolution below what you would normally run at. My normal resolution is 1280x1024 but I run the game at 1024x768 because of the FPS boost.

Also by turning sky to sand storm and shadow type to none you will see big fps boosts.

Switching vegitiation, heat haze, sunburn, hdr, motion blur, and glow off you should have better settings as well.

Hey, LF, I set the graphics to the bare minimum and tried that. The only track I could get to work was the Belgium FPS version. But I noticed something when the error message comes up. A box comes up with usually the following in it:

(I can't remember what the first line says)

[taking screenshot]

Taking desktop screenshot

Then it usually pops up saying something was dumped, though it usually doesn't stay up long enough for me to read it.

Im having similar FPS issues but when playing online, my game works fine offline with graphics set high. I turned everything down for online, I get into the game, which runs extremely slow (can't even get in my truck) for about 2-4mins then defaults to this message:

errorkm.jpg