NASCAR Discussion

RKM

• 3 weeks later...

Silly Season is in full swing and its the best one in years, if you havnt seen anything on it here are the rumored/confirmed ride and sponsor changes

Allmendinger to the #22 (confirmed)

Kurt Busch to the #51 (confirmed)

Best Buy on the #17 for 9 races and the #99 for 2 (confirmed)

Almirola to the #43 (rumored)

My speculation points to Ruetimann going to #36 TBR car

This still leaves some big players like Blaney, Ragan, Cassill for small teams like the 46, 71, 52, and 32 which none of these teams have confirmed drivers

I also heard the rumors about Almirola to the 43, that would be awesome to see. Aric did great when he drove the 9 car for Kasey for the last few races of 2010. It was also brought up (I can't remember where so don't kill me for saying this) but some people were talking about Brian Vickers possibly going to race for RPM as well driving the #45. Not sure if anyone else heard the same rumor but it would be cool to see Vickers stay in a competitive car. Though it would be pretty ironic if he and Ambrose were to be team mates haha.

The big winner in all of this is Allmendinger imo. I dislike AJ but I hope he can do well in the car. Though he won't be much better on the radio than Kurt Busch was lol..

I lost all respect for Vickers when he would intentionally wreck someone every weekend, I doubt any will pick him up except for Turner's nationwide team. Also the only way i see RPM with a 3rd team with the very limited sponsorship on the 43, unless Aric is bringing someone onboard for the whole season.

I heard Aric was bringing in a sponsor, IDK if it was full season or not. Also the rumor about Vickers was probably just hear say (aka Jayski type crap) so I'm not sure it will go anywhere.

I wonder who will drive the 88 for JRM if Aric does indeed go to RPM.. I doubt Cassil would get the nod because from what I heard he and JR don't see eye to eye lol. I'd love to see someone like Johnny Sauter or something get in it.

• 1 year later...

I got really tired of watching the race because of how many times there were cautions for debris. It really ruined the flow of the race. I was also disappointed seeing Kahne  get beat by Harvick off the restart. I have nothing against Harvick, I'm just a Hendrick guy.

i just honestly cant see how people think nascar is "good" racing, i respect your opinions but if i wanna watch racing ill watch some dirt oval racing, nascar just isnt what it used to be.... i pretty much gave up on nascar after the whole bristol dirt thing happened.... the sprint cars ran faster and put on a better show then any nascar race there imo... however i still watch short track races sometimes...