Thinking of getting a Traxxas Monster Jam truck

Thargo

I've been thinking for a while now on getting the Maximum Destruction Traxxas R/C, just wanted to see your opinions on the truck from some of you R/C guys out there. The reason I want to get this is because I know nothing about R/C trucks so if I buy something pre-assembled that'll be a lot easier on me. Now what I want to know is, overall is it a good R/C truck and is it worth it for me to get one of these?

http://traxxas.com/p.../3602monsterjam

i really dont want to type this all over again so im going to copy over what i told Outlaw about it: Here it is: .the price is good for the truck (about 225) and they are pretty durable. I have had mine for a few months and i run them hard and the only thing needed replaced was the spur gear, caster blocks when a idiot smashed into me....oh and the motor needed taken apart and put back together because i shook a gear loose on a hard landing on the read end. These trucks have plenty of power straight out of the box that they really dont need to be 4 wheel drive. Straight out of the box a full throttle take off will throw you into a great wheelie that will throw you over onto your side if your not careful with the throttle. If you plan on taking them out onto the dirt they will do just fine out of the box. If you break anything parts are cheap unless of course they are mechanical but what mechanical part from any brand is cheap. Since its a normal stampede you are not stuck with just the monster jam bodies/parts. The only thing i find i dont like about this truck is how i your jumping something like a curb that has a weird measurement angle the truck likes to noise dive ending in a end over end roll which the truck can withstand just fine. I could go on but to some it all up these trucks are great trucks for the price but dont expect them to be like the Clod busters Josh owns but these trucks dont deserve the negative comments they get because everyone expects them to be a hard core racing/freestyle truck that can withstand 35 foot drop from a jump it seems these clob busters can that cost almost if not then 4 times as muc. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and ill answer them the best i can :)

Haven't owned one myself but IMO I don't really want one. Just based on realism these things are terrible. They're independent suspension and only 2wd. That being said they are Traxxas, which means they're durable and parts are available at almost any hobby shop. If you're looking for something more realistic and don't have the cash for a Clod, I'd suggest going with a Wheely King. They're the same scale (stock that is) as the Traxxas truck but more realistic and 4wd. I've had mine since 2008 and have only had to replace minor parts like spurs, etc. They're a blast to bash around and with a little money thrown at them they'll turn into beasts. My advice, get a King, throw the Traxxas Max D body(and wheels/tires) on it, enjoy. :D

I have a traxxas max d and I find it fun to just play around with on the road, off road or even inside. These things are very durable but if you do break it, parts are easy to buy. Overall, It is a good beginner rc car but nothing fancy to race or anything.

traxxas=POOP

if you want one get a stampede and save some money, thats all they are is stampedes with newer bodys.

IMO traxxas is good at one thing, cookie cutter trucks the slash, stampede, bandit, and rustler all share the same chassis, just different bodys/ shock setups

I'm a HPI guy, because they spend money on making there trucks durable and unique instead of spending money on advertisements and stuff

I could never get the crusader like hate for traxxas, most of the products they have are for beginners or for really advanced hobbists, with no middle ground. Having owned the original HPI Savage and a XTM X Factor 2, I have not owned a traxxas truck, but several people around me did and while the tmaxx's could usually keep up, they could atleast get replacement parts at the piss poor hobby shop an hour away while I was stuck ordering parts online.

Now

the MJ line they offer sucks because its on a stampede chassis, I like the bodies (minus the Grinder abortion) they have made so far.

And as of right now I am looking into buying a slash as we speak, the new dodge body with mopar scheme is fantastic

Stephen do you know how much I can pick up a stampede with a Monster Jam body separate? If it gets too costly I might just go with the Traxxas Monster Jam line only because i'm a starter at this sort of thing so I don't really want to jump on something advanced for me, i'm basically only going to use it to drive on the road, sidewalks, grass, and stuff like that, just have a little fun.

I love my traxxas monster jam truck. i think its good for beginners and i'm a beginner. i think i've gotten better at driving these powerfull things. im still bad because i crashed it into a curb and bent a pin thing and broke the plastic. Getting it fixed soon!

about the same price? For the stampede 4x4 vs a normal stampede.. your joking right? a monster jam edition stampede costs roughly 225.. a normal stampede 4x4 is roughly 400.. I had the ungrateful experience of owning and maintaining the stampede 4x4, let me tell you, even with the basic NiMH battery it was the single worst rc truck i've EVER owned.. I've owned some duratrax's and redcat racing vehicles that were more reliable than my pede 4x4. i just kept on breaking the electronics, and i never got them wet or anything, and it kept on snapping half shafts. although Traxxas's customer service rocks.. haha stick with the HPI guys and save up and buy a wheelie king at the very least. i own the Savage flux HP, that is an amazing piece of engineering.

After talking to Stephen I might just go with the Wheely King and get a Digger body, seems worth it. If that doesn't work out, i'll go with the Traxxas Monster Jam truck. Trying to keep it under 350$. Thanks everyone for the help.