Finale: Ford EcoBoost 400 Pick Em'

Eric

Kinda sucked that Johnson had problems at the end, was going to be close with how the strategy played out more than likely settled by a few points but the 48 crew shot themselves in the foot then blew the rear end. I am really excited to see what 2013 has instore, all 3 should have the most competitive championship races in the past 10 years

Though it won't fix it completely, hoping that the new car will fix some of the aero problem that the old COT brick caused. Goodyear going a little bit of a softer tire next year should provide a bit of better racing next year as well, should be a good 2013 with a bit of some unknowns.

I wish they would go to a hard compound that had some decent tire wear. I would be surprised if they don't break the track record at 10 or more tracks next year. Aero issues will still be there as well but not as bad with the smaller spoiler and shorter decklid. But unless they can get a decent amount of air on the nose of the car they will still drive like crap in traffic.

See, thing is with a hard tire..you won't have tire wear kind of an oxymoron there you either get one or the other there with tire compounds, with the new shape of the cars I don't think the cars will be as aero dependent as they were with the previous COT design being as bricky as they were in the front end. Now they have more of the car design to them which I think will lead to more down force even behind cars.

They are still in the same box in the front of the car, just the body lines have changed a bit, I mean look at the ford its more of a box now than it was with the old car. The aero problems with the current cars are due to the spoiler not allowing much air get to the nose of cars following.