IDS 2013 Spring Season Week 1 - 05/09/2013

runt9

Good evening everyone,

As we have seen from preseason the International Dragging Series is set to take RoR by storm. The innovative bracket system, combined with automated qualifying, freestyle, and points systems has proved to decrease the time officials have to spend doing hard stuff by over 73%, giving them more time to focus on improving the quality of life for all racers involved. Now it is time to move forward into the first season of IDS starting on May 9th, 2013. This is where it all really starts, and I'd like to go over some of the changes from preseason that people can expect:

1. Driver's meetings will be restricted to 5 minutes. It is assumed that all racers know the format and have read the rule book beforehand before the race even begins. We will not spend 20 minutes making everyone aware of how the league works.

2. Chat locks at 8:00pm EST on the dot. Anyone who comes in after that date will not be allowed to race unless a former excuse is given and accepted by an IDS official. If by 8:05pm EST, we still have open slots that have not been filled by understudies, the brackets will then lock and we will move on to the driver's meeting with the top seeds without a racer to face getting bye runs.

3. Early leavers in freestyle must be brought up during intermission. This allows manipulation of the order to accommodate those who need to bow out before their regularly scheduled run without disrupting the flow of freestyle once it begins. After intermission, the freestyle order locks. If you can't make it to your run, you will get a 0 for the night.

4. A Teamspeak server will be setup on my home Linux server for this event. If the quality proves to be too bad, I will be buying one before the next event. Teamspeak will work so that driver's meeting can go quicker, we can do interviews with our winners, officials can communicate to each other easier, as well as other features. This will not replace, but merely supplement the AIM chat, and is most certainly not mandatory. All standards held for the rest of IDS apply to the Teamspeak server as well.

As you can tell, these are all meant to improve the flow of the show. I realize that we're already the fastest 16-truck show around, coming in right around an hour and a half from meeting to completion, and it's not like that's a bad thing. However, I want to guarantee that everything that can be scheduled ahead of time is done so that once the show gets going, there are less surprises to throw us off course.

Here are the details on the event:

- Will take place Thursday, May 9th 2013 at 8:00pm EST (7pm CST, 5pm PST)

- We're heading to the massive Remington Fairgrounds (http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/files/file/694-remington-county-fairgrounds-round-2/) this week

- All points begin here, so be sure to put in your best effort, because even a single qualifying pass is worth 2 points!

- Qualifying begins Sunday, May 5th at 9:00pm EST and runs until Wednesday, May 8th at 10:00pm EST.

I'm not expecting the first regular season event to go off without a hitch. However, I would like to think that the two preseason events leading up to this have prepared myself, my officials, and all racers for what's to come.

As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, let me or one of the other IDS officials know.

P.S. I would like to formally welcome Mark Colineri on board as a full IDS official as our Vice Server Administrator and Racing Manager. He was a huge help during preseason by hosting and help run/manage the second room, so I asked him to join the team officially and he accepted, so please everyone treat him with the same respect you treat the other officials.

• Upvote 3

I work 8:30-5 during the week, however I will usually be available until 1am(all times est.). So, if you want to qualify with my your best bet will be from around 6pm-1am.

Message me on aim in the above time frame and I will most likely be available. For those that dont know, my aim name is MTM2Dominator.

I am online ready to qualify all entrants until 6pm tonight.

Remember that qualifying for this event is CLOSED at 10pm TONIGHT, so message us to get your runs in.

And if anyone had an issue locating the track in the list, type in RCF, and you'll find it.

Message HotShoeMTRacing to get your runs in!