Website Down for Maintenance

runt9

Hello everyone,

I'm am making some serious modifications to the back-end of the website, and as such it will be down for maintenance throughout the weekend. Please understand this is to make everything related to the website's performance and easy of use better.

• Upvote 1

For those of you curious, some of what I'm doing (in addition to making adapters in PHP to the database, finally...) will involve setting up Historical Data. Starting with this past week, all weeks/seasons brackets/qualifying/freestyle will be available on the website so you can go back and look at any previous event. This is going to be a huge step in doing weekly recaps as well as providing more features and immersion to the website.

UPDATE: It's going to take more effort than it's worth to update the data from this previous week to the new schema. I already have to convert all of the drivers and points, which is a huge deal, so the historical data will start from this coming week starting on Sunday!

• Upvote 2

Everyone, the update is complete (for the most part)! The only front-facing changes you'll notice right now is the brand new bracket system. The old one was too cumbersome, so I rebuilt it from the ground up yet again. This one is larger, prettier, and now has the ability to highlight someone to see their path through the brackets.

Also, you'll notice a week selector at the top of the brackets and freestyle pages. This will allow you to go back to previous weeks and view those results. Soon, previous qualifying results will be available to the masses as well. I'm still planning on adding a couple more admin pages to make it easier to manage points and brackets, since that was the purpose from the beginning. This will make it far easier to manage mistakes and replacements.

As always, it's a new program, essentially, and  there will be bugs. They will probably have to be ironed out this week, but I feel as if the logic behind it is strong enough to not fail.