Calling Anyone Who Understands GPU's

NavySonicShell

Finally got sick of my Integrated card after i found myself hardly able to move on BeamNG on anything other than a grid map. I really only have a bit more than $100 to spend because my power supply is extremely weak (240w) and will need an upgrade before it can handle a new card (decided on a Corsair 430w). I have it down to two options, but the numbers all confuse me. Let me put it this way, one has a ton of RAM, the other has less RAM, but a ton of Memory Clock Speed. Could anyone who understands these things help? (I will NOT be planning on overclocking)

Which of these is best? (Yes it's the GPU that's the problem, unless 8GB of RAM and a 3.00GHz Quad-Core i5 is worse than Intel Integrated Graphics)

Option 1: GeForce GT640: Lower clock speeds, but tons of RAM

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-4096MB-Graphics-04G-P4-2647-KR/dp/B008Y8PNRA/ref=amtcd_B0086UXQES_B008Y8PNRA

Option 2: GeForce GTX650: A fraction of the RAM, but much faster Clock speeds

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-1024MB-Graphics-01G-P4-2650-KR/dp/B00966IU4M/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1375628943&sr=1-1&keywords=gt650

Anyone able to help?

The GTX650 is a lot better. For around the $110 range look into AMD cards, they have some more powerful ones for cheaper than equivalent Nvidia cards, but they require more power. 

If you're going from an integrated card though, you'd probably be happy with just about anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I will say from expierence that the higher the bit the better the card regardless of how much ram it has.  For example if you took a 64 bit graphics card with 1 gig of ram and put it against a 128 bit graphics card with 512mb of ram the 128 bit would be way better than the 64 bit one even with less memory.  If it was me I'd save a little longer and get something like this.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125457   The performance would be way beyond what you're looking at with two gigs of ram and 192 bit compared to the 128 bit 1 and 4 gig cards you posted above and it's not too much more than they are.  If you're concerened about power supplies and their price keep an eye on newegg.  I got a 850 watt one 40 dollars shipped with the reg price being 90 dollars or something like that.

i'm a little late to the party here but i have a xfx radeon hd 6670 2gb card i'd be willing to sell you for 50 bucks if you haven't got anything yet. I just built a new comp and i have no use for it anymore. I don't post much but i do follow this site alot. Just thought i'd point that out since i have a low post count and you may not feel comfortable buying something from a relative stranger.

And i also have beam ng but i cant seem to get my xbox controller to work with it. Seems like it could be fun but i can't get into it driving with my keyboard.