Down Voting Poll

Roach

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want down votes available?

• Yes, I want down voting
    • No, I don't want down voting

Same could be said for the upvotes, I say lose the voting system all together.

If we lose the vote option how are we going to know if people like the project? By them spamming the thread with "oh mah gawd that looks awesome" or "this just doesnt look right or plain awful" i think we should just leave it the way it is cause why would you want to downvote someone's hard work, thats just like saying "hey your project sucks stop making them" im sure you would not like to be in that position if it was you(talking to everyone here, not just you).

• Upvote 4

Same could be said for the upvotes, I say lose the voting system all together.

Says the one who is really nothing more that a troll who should stay hidden in the dark.

Anyway, I fail to see your point. How could the upvoting system be abused? I find it a rather helpful, fun system. People use it to show approval of a project, or they use it as a form of agreement for what a person has said in a topic. I don't ever upvote just for the hell of. I liken it more to Facebook's Like button. It's rather nice to have when you do not wish to make a whole post just to say "hey, that project looks good", or "I agree with what you have said."

I can also see the harm in what a downvote button could do. It would end up in forum fights, and private messaging fights. Over time, it would end up with the mods getting a needless amount of spam messages from users whining over how one person downvoted their post, and why they think it isn't right.

The very idea could cause a lot of un-needed headaches and grief, imo.

If something isn't broken, don't fix it I say.

• Upvote 1

I personally like the way it is now. I don't know about you guys, but when I show a project off it feels good to get the upvotes because it makes you feel like you created something good. I feel like the downvote will be abused by people just downvoting it instead of trying to help by saying what the track/truck maker could do to make it better.

• Upvote 2

If we lose the vote option how are we going to know if people like the project? By them spamming the thread with "oh mah gawd that looks awesome" or "this just doesnt look right or plain awful" i think we should just leave it the way it is cause why would you want to downvote someone's hard work, thats just like saying "hey your project sucks stop making them" im sure you would not like to be in that position if it was you(talking to everyone here, not just you).

that kinda already happens, and for project wise yeah, the upvote system is good. my point is there are other things that are voted on, just cause of the person that posted it. I agree with you on the downvoting, some peoples comments are bad enough without adding that kind of "insult".

So your mad that someone likes some person's post just because they like them? Seems your feelings are hurt because no one likes you?

um, if you think I'm mad then you're the one reading too much into my comments. I'm just posting my thoughts to a thread about the downvote topic, isn't that what this is for? and I don't know What I did to you seeing I've never even Spoke to you, but if you're setting the moral example for this community with comments like that. I'd rather people not like me here. Also, seeing you've already have an Upvote for being completely Off topic, helps my point.

um, if you think I'm mad then you're the one reading too much into my comments. I'm just posting my thoughts to a thread about the downvote topic, isn't that what this is for? and I don't know What I did to you seeing I've never even Spoke to you, but if you're setting the moral example for this community with comments like that. I'd rather people not like me here. Also, seeing you've already have an Upvote for being completely Off topic, helps my point.

No it shows that he agrees. Just stop, your not helping yourself. Anyways im done.

Harlow: why ban someone for downvoting when you wouldnt have to if its not implemented? (fat thumbed the upvote button by mistake -__-)

It really was a terrible idea to bring this downvote crap back up again.

• Upvote 1

Because down voting is a way of saying you disagree with something instead of posting, that's the point of it. And if you can upvote, and praise/agree with someone, but can't do the opposite, that's a bit of a hobson's choice isn't it?

I should probably shut up before this gets into a free will/censorship for 'good' discussion, but the point's there, why have one without the other, it's genuinely a stupid thing. And i can't tell you how many other forums get along really well with plenty of 'dumb' ratings. Facepunch has five bad ratings, one of which is for when someone insults someone else, and you agree. And it seems to be doing fine, and has done for seven years now; and continues to be one of the best forums for modelers and modders there is

• Upvote 3