Fall Madness 3

crazyman444

And also guys, another lesson to be learned here is that if you are going to run a big event like Fall Madness, you better have LOTS OF EXPERIENCE. See and no insulting/disgruntling anyone here but, Mark Colineri knows this and I know this and that is that bert has very little experience to running events and that is the ROOT CAUSE of the demise of Fall Madness 3.

It's like this. Can you trust someone to operate a 747 if they have beginner's experience's in jets/aviation? NO! Same thing goes with cars and trains and about everything else on the work force. If you have little to no experience at all about how events are ran and u want to run an event, WHY GO BIG TO BEGIN WITH???? It's basically common sense here guys. My opinion is that because of bert's inexperience with running events, he shouldn't have been trusted in the 1st place to run this but hey i could be wrong here. With these big special events, LEAVE IT TO THE PROFESSIONALS THAT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!!!

And final lesson is for those new guys that want to start events. START SMALL, THEN WORK YOUR WAY UP!!! You'll gain lots of experience and heck, one day you could take over for one of the admins someday.

Okay well, I didn't compete, but I was in the chat and watching the livestream for the duration of tonight's events, so this is coming strictly from a spectator's point of view. I'm not going to name any names here, so if you're looking for what the kids these days call "disses", well you're poo out of luck. I think the blame here lies equally among officials and competitors/spectators. There are many things that probably shouldn't have happened on both sides, and RKM already pointed most of those out, so I won't dive into those. With some people on the officiating team not having much experience with running events, especially events of the caliber of this year's Fall Madness, I think this was doomed from the start. If Fall Madness had remained a 1 day, 1 race bracket, 1 freestyle type of event, I think it could have been pulled of without a hitch. It maybe could have been pulled of barely this year, had there not been some loops thrown at competitors (a loop that happens to look like a 10-foot hill and a removed bus stack) which started the downturn of the chat, 5 minutes before the racing event started. Some officials not enforcing their own rules was also a bit of a problem. I think if maybe there was a bit of shuffling in the hierarchy of the officiating team, this whole event could have been resolved. As I said in the chat though, all of the blame can't be put on the officials just as all of the blame can't be blamed on the competitors/spectators. There were some things done in the chat that shouldn't have been done either, such as causing an uproar whenever a call was blown or someone disagreed with someone else. I think we can all agree that the events that happened during the Fall Madness III Main Event is something that we as a community need to put behind us, and move on with this community.

I commend all of the officials tonight. They tried their damn hardest to put on an event I wouldn't even think about signing up to be an official for. Tip of the hat to you.

tl;dr - Officials need to listen to competitors as much as competitors need to listen to officials.

• Upvote 2

Ok, I'm gonna get this off of my chest now and be done with it. As Colineri said, looking back at things I made some bad calls and I own up to them. They were judgement calls in the heat of the moment, and to the naked eye I thought I called them right. When I asked my fellow officials (mainly the event director, who has ultimate say) if I was correct, they said yes and I went with it as if said calls were correct; at the time, I had no reason to think otherwise.

But what really got me angry (and why I blew up on the twitch stream, which I didn't like doing) was the constant spamming of the chat reiterating said mistakes to us even after me and Agosh owned up to them, the person who joined during Gajewski's run (a situation that was cleared up afterward), and the post made on facebook. There were plenty of people who tried to move on as we did, but there were others who felt the need to keep harping on it and that's when me and Agosh both lost it. Was there too much stuff trying to be done in this deal? Yep, and I will admit to that and I even voiced concerns over this fact. But it wasn't my event, so I tried to help run it as best I could. And the situation with the track was a huge problem, as I never knew exactly what was going to be done to it. Had I known, I would've tried to put a stop to it especially since none of us had time to test it, not even the officials. 

However, the unprofessionalism showed by some in the chat tonight was mind boggling, something of which should never had happened. It also showed that this community as a whole needs to grow up, and stop taking this all so seriously. What happened tonight has killed any ambition of continuing in this deal for some, and may have turned away others who may have thought about coming back. I've been here for a little over a year and I loved most of whats been going on around here, but this event has snuffed out a good bit of ambition I had to keep doing stuff here. It also showed that there are changes that need to be made and positions that need to change or be rethought.

I sincerely hope that things get better from here, because if it gets any worse than this I'll take my leave of this forum and game altogether as I have better things to do then deal with all of the childishness displayed tonight.

• Upvote 4

Im going to get this off my chest.... my lack of experience running an event has nothing to do with the way this event fell apart... if you think that you need to look at the big picture....as chad said the amount of unprofessionalism tonight was ridiculous,,,, Yes we blew some calls. Yes we make mistakes. I'll own up to that but to say we were out to screw someone over is rediuclous.... those are the people that dont make this game even fun anymore... so i am taking a break from this game until some professionalism is restored and maybe you guys can learn some respect... maybe if you all learned some damn self control and some decency then maybe this wouldnt of happened...

The more things change, the more they stay the same don't they?. To say your lack of experience had nothing to do with this event crashing is just a straight up wrong.

1) Changing the track almost before show time. I mean come on this one is a no brainer, there was no reason to change it and added almost 2 hours in delay to the start time. Even when it proved to be a mess, rather then making the decision to stick with it or change back to the original one, you flip flopped between the two, causing confusion and even further delays. This is a blatant rookie error.

2)Making a rule list and not adhering to them. What exactly was the point of evening having them? And you want to blame the participants (you know the people that are the reason you even get to hold an event) for questioning why rules are not being followed and then you get upset when they escalate to brute arrogance because you refuse to acknowledge fault? Not implying I agree with some of the things the competitors did in chat, but the fact there was more then one person voicing displeasure should have been a indicator there was something wrong.

Bert your a good guy and I have never had an issue with you but 2/3rds of your post is still blaming other people for the collapse of tonight's event.

The thought that people need to re-evaluate exactly why we are on this site is just ridiculous, we are all here for the same reason. Times will not always been sunshine and rainbows but that is no reason to pack up and leave at the first sight of clouds.

gonna lock this up now

• Upvote 10