Do You race? Trackday? Autocross?

Jmchenry

Well? Do you? I've been looking for a nearby trackday event meself...and it'll be awhile before I can get my car prepared for such an event, but I wonder how many people go to HPDEs, Trackdays, run oval tracks, drag race, et cetera, in real life.

and, no. Don't try to prove your cojones by racing morons on the street. I can't guarantee that your bragging (particularly if there's video evidence) won't make it into the hands of the police, and I don't want anyone to get into trouble, anyway. Seriously...it's better if you keep that activity to yourself. Deny, deny, deny.

got a car to race on the local dirt track, 71 toyota celica for the 4-cylinder division. just to get my feet wet, but turns out parts for a 71 celica are hard as hell to come by, wanna get a 4-wheel drive truck throw a roll cage in it and destroy it at the tuff trucks for the fair this year. but real life has been a pain, so those are all on my to do list,

a '71 Celica? Wow, that is a classic! I can imagine parts'd be hard to come by. Do they allow engine swaps? a 4A-GE might not be as hard to come by as far as parts go, though the drift scene has eaten quite a few...

nope, everything has to be stock,some idiot ran it into a pole, so got it from a tow action for just over $100, didn't know it was the first year for the celica, or toyotas first sportish attempt,

• 2 months later...

been autocrossing for years. done my share of drag racing back when outlaw street was a legit class, ran 2 seasons running UMP modifieds, then a season worth of paved figure 8, and 1 track day that cost me a car.

and I'd almost have to smack ya for turnin a '71 celica into a dirt oval car, being as rare as they are, but if it was in rough shape to begin with I'll let ya be.

and I'll count R/C racing, I've been doing that for nearly 18 years now

I've done some Kart stuff but nothing major. I plan on getting a car this summer and racing up at Kil Kare if all goes well. Which knowing my luck it will not.

im gonna run my bike there soon, we should meet up and make some passes..