Realistic V4 Settings Update

Mark Colineri

Would it ever be possible to use differentials on the trucks? Considering in RL they use them.

I've done some messing with them but they add toqure to the truck so you have to edit the toque setting. When I edited the toque I was able to get the truck to have about the same performance of a normal v4 (with different diffs)

• 2 months later...

well just say since this thread is kind of dead.....

I'm sorry do you have access to Mark's computer? You don't? Then you have no idea what you're talking about. Trust me, he's one of the most active members on this site helping out with multiple leagues along with extensive projects so no just because there hasn't been many updates does it mean this is dead. It will only be dead when he says so.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I did say that something was coming, didn't I? Well, here it is. After a long hiatus of not doing much, I was reinvigorated to work on these settings again. I basically started from scratch with everything again, and have a base for most chassis builds for everyone to test out! Below you will find the download link to the new trucks, and a detailed list of everything that is changed.

Changes

• Adjusted Torque Curve
    • Top speed lowered, power curve changed.
  • Adjusted Grip
    • Front tires have more grip, rear tires unchanged.
  • Adjusted Tire Stiffness
    • The tires themselves are stiffer and act less like a second set of shocks for the truck.
  • Adjusted Center Of Gravity
    • Generally lowered CG on all the trucks, not the same between trucks due to shock settings, sway bars, etc.
  • Adjusted Brake Strength
    • Down from 32000 to 22000.
  • Original Shock Settings
    • Each truck has custom made shock settings to roughly replicate how the truck acts and handles in real life.
  • Edited Node-Beam
    • Each chassis type has an edited base N/B that fits that chassis. 

Trucks Included

• Titan
  • Heavy Hitter
  • River Rat
  • Blue Thunder
  • Grave Digger The Legend
  • Son Uva Digger
  • Maximum Destruction
  • Grave Digger 20
  • Grave Digger 28
  • Grave Digger 30

Each truck is only a body, chassis, axles+components, knuckles, rims and tires for testing purposes.

I wanted to cover basically every main chassis type. As of right now, the ones I have left to do are Avenger (Kohler) and Storm Damage (J&B). They still have work that needs to be done so that will come in a future update.

Now, here is where the community comes in. I don't claim that these are 100% perfect at this point, but it is definitely a start. What I want everyone to do, give these a serious try. It will take some time to get used to them in general. They are not meant to be thrown around as the current trucks are. It takes quite a bit more effort to drive these trucks, and that was exactly what I wanted. If you like them, that is awesome, but what I want to hear is constructive criticism. For example, if you do not think that a truck handles as it should, state that and what about it needs to be fixed specifically. If one truck is able to slide too easily, I want to know about it so it can be fixed. Hopefully this reinvigorates peoples desire to have competition with trucks that are actually challenging to drive.

Edited by Mark Colineri
  • Upvote 4