Realistic V4 Settings Update

Mark Colineri

Trucks spawn in unweighted at full suspension travel (I think this was fixed for 4.5), it just looks exaggerated because there is alot of suspension travel (in comparison to other ROR vehicles)

Yes, but it takes an overly long time for the suspension to compress. I believe this has to do with the "precompression" settings under "Shocks2" but it has been a while since I have worked with this, but I know it's possible to fix this.

By doing that the trucks will ride on the frame rails once you enter them, I would imagine you could use the other settings to alter it back to proper weighted ride height but have never done it so I cannot comment on how wacky the spring and damping would be.

Make sure you are looking at the correct numbers if you are using them as a gauge. My settings are about 10 MPH slower overall than stock V4, but the difference between 1st gear speed and 2nd gear speed may be what is throwing you off.

3982368.png

Perhaps I am missing something obvious here, but should 2nd gear not be used? For me, Maximum Destruction goes 152 KM/H (94 MP/H) in 2nd.

By doing that the trucks will ride on the frame rails once you enter them, I would imagine you could use the other settings to alter it back to proper weighted ride height but have never done it so I cannot comment on how wacky the spring and damping would be.

You're right, precompression caused the frame to drop near the ground. I think other settings can be altered to balance it but it's probably not important.

Perhaps I am missing something obvious here, but should 2nd gear not be used? For me, Maximum Destruction goes 152 KM/H (94 MP/H) in 2nd.

Both pictures there are the speeds of the trucks full speed in second gear. I have no idea why some people are having the trucks be stupidly fast, they are not like that for the majority of people who have tried them.

Both pictures there are the speeds of the trucks full speed in second gear. I have no idea why some people are having the trucks be stupidly fast, they are not like that for the majority of people who have tried them.

Forgive me for doing the obvious but it's probably because they're using .38 or above or don't know what stand alone means? I'd be more inclined to believe it has to do with using .38 or above personally though.

Also I've slightly played with the grip settings for the rear and set it to 1.75 which seems to be a sweet spot for right now for being able to slide around but can still hike up and roll along with being fairly good at keeping the 2nd gear donuts controlled with some throttle rhythm in all trucks I've tested it on so far.

i'm well aware almost everything here is made for .37. I rarely use it because I don't do anything online and the newer version runs smoother and has a vehicle spawn option. That being said, I tried it in .37 and the version does indeed affect the speed. In .39.5 I go 65 in first gear and over 80 in second. So .39 affects the speed and also lexan transparency as the image was solid colors.

I wish you would have posted that a day ago... I tried to install .37 and it deleted .38 and all of my projects... Whoops! Luckily file recovery software exists! I ended up upgrading to .39.5 and I too still had the same speed issues. I've never noticed this with any other trucks, but maybe it's been happening all along. Still, 80+ for a top speed doesn't seem too unrealistic. After all, 15,000 pound trucks in 1989 were reaching 70 MPH, and the world record for a modern monster is 99.