RORMJ Driver back from the grave!

bigkeith11

Hey guys! My name is Keith, i live in Houston and I've been playing ROR for over 5 years. I meet alot of the veterans in RORMJ and was excited to be a part of a new group called "Sim-Monsters". I remember racing on "Lego" tracks made in GoogleSketch. The trucks were substandard and the tracks may have been worse. BUT, we did our best to grow and it was alot of fun. I am just awestruck be the progress everyone has made here. I realize, after searching the forums, that i am more than behind the curve. So, excuse me if i become confused by some terminology because i'd like to get back in to racing online. I have to start from the ground up. Also to kind of get to know some of you guys better, please let me know: 1. favorite truck 2. favorite track 3. best memory competing online.

Welcome m8!

1. Favorite truck: I'd have to say the retro black stallions, preferably the one that first introduced the mascot stallion itself. Others are the team scream trucks (Brutus mainly), aaaand Blue Thunder

2. Favorite track is Custom World Finals 4/5 and replica is World Finals 9

3. Best memory... Idk I'd have to say my 2013 San Antonio fun run freestyle I did soon after I first arrived here

• 4 years later...
20 hours ago, bigkeith11 said:

Just downloaded .4.8, truck pack and a few tracks. Whats been going on?? Im completly out of the loop now, took me 15min to figure out how to spawn lmao!!

Keiiiiitttthhhhhh. What's up bro? Still frying lard in lard down there 😂🤣

• Upvote 1

LMAO,  not too often. I just been busy with life, got into other hobbies and all that. I ordered an XB1 controller with windows adapter, got it in today and spent the past 2 hours figuring out how to map it. Finally got it mapped the way i like. So far im still getting comfortable with the controller. I'm so used to the keyboard, its a learing curve figuring out saves, throttle control and corners but i think once i get some more seat time i can get just as good with the controller as i am with the keyboard.

Whats all new, i see the site is a bit slower than i remember, but i read the post on increasing traffic to the site and it makes sense. I first got involved in ROR 9 years ago, i was 16 and had much more free time to browse the forums, join fun runs and compete in events. Its been 4 years since i made the first post hear just because i got into different hobbies, but i still enjoy getting on ROR and jamming from time to time.

Any big updates, tips, or tricks that i may need know to get back up to speed??