.38 problems and questions

Mark Iron

Question

Alright, I recently made the switch to .38 from .37.   Love it.  Great graphics, server ability, etc.   However, I am aware of problems regarding v4 and it's working with .38.   While I have gotten it to work for the time being, and have found and understand that several trucks will have problems with .38, I am wondering is it possible to get any of the trucks to work in .38 without using v4?   Such as putting the zip directly in the packs folder or something similar. 

On a different note, are there any plans to make sim-monsters trucks compatabile with .38 in future?

Sidenote, I have no issues having to go back to .37 if needed.  Just have some questions before going to that point.

1 answer to this question

If you would like to have one specific truck in .38, then you would need all the necessary files inside the zip itself. So, you would need the soundscripts along with the sounds, all the textures for the truck, all the tire meshes and textures, and anything else needed to make the truck work like truck parts such as axles and 4link bars. It would be a lot of files that would need to be in the zip to make the truck standalone and make it work with .38. It is possible but a little tedious to do. It's possible to get all V4 trucks to work in .38 but would require a lot of time. Just my 2 cents.