UV Texturing (Mapping) Tutorial

Nascarfan98

Question

Its hard to explain imfor me at least and for me it would be a lot to type so i will TRY to make a tutorial on how to. I actually might make 3 tutorials. Low vert ramps-thanks to rock/danny, how to texture the good way-rock/mark, exporting so look for those soon.

Think of it as inverse oragami, you're doing your best to take a 3d surface, and unfold it onto a 2d plane.

Mark seams by selecting edges and hitting control E > Mark seam, and think of it as a deflating baloon, try and 'slice' up the stress points so it'd fall flat to the ground

• Upvote 2

Its hard to explain imfor me at least and for me it would be a lot to type so i will TRY to make a tutorial on how to. I actually might make 3 tutorials. Low vert ramps-thanks to rock/danny, how to texture the good way-rock/mark, exporting so look for those soon.

A bit off topic but we dont do low vert anymore. If you look at mine and Danny's tracks, most of them have atleast 4+ faces to each ramp.

Think of it as inverse oragami, you're doing your best to take a 3d surface, and unfold it onto a 2d plane.

Mark seams by selecting edges and hitting control E > Mark seam, and think of it as a deflating baloon, try and 'slice' up the stress points so it'd fall flat to the ground

What I do is highlight the wanted verts and create a UV map. Only problem is I never know where the seams are for when I go to paint the UV map. Also is there a way to save the uv map as a picture so i can edit it in photoshop?