Video Editing Software...

Doomed User

Question

Jesus it's so complicated anymore. You either buy a high-end software package or download a sh*tty one for free. Does anyone know where I can get a good video editing software for free that's better than Windows Movie Maker?

I would like it to have:

• The ability to green screen, overlay, or at least crossfade video clips
  • Multiple audio/video tracks
  • A decent variety of effects to add to clips/audio

2 answers to this question

I use VSDC Video Editor. It's free and is a lot nicer than Movie Maker. It takes a little while to get everything figured out, but it shouldn't be super hard to learn. The program also comes with a few recording devices, but I haven't tested those out yet. It has a few effects to use as well.

If you're wondering I use LoiLo Game Recorder. It isn't the best but it's free and the quality doesn't terribly suffer.

4 hours ago, bkelley said:

I use VSDC Video Editor. It's free and is a lot nicer than Movie Maker. It takes a little while to get everything figured out, but it shouldn't be super hard to learn. The program also comes with a few recording devices, but I haven't tested those out yet. It has a few effects to use as well.

If you're wondering I use LoiLo Game Recorder. It isn't the best but it's free and the quality doesn't terribly suffer.

I tried that but I'll try it again. My plan for the moment, however, is to retry Lightworks, upload it to Vimeo, and use clipconverter.cc to download the video back.