GTAV Online

Outlawed

I figure just for chuckles, I will even out the flame war here. I thing GTA and Saints Row are both good, AND bad. I like both games. I.M.O. GTA (with the exception of Vice City) has had very boring story lines that didn't make me feel involved with the characters, the on foot physics have always been very limited, but for the most part, the driving was always great (except GTAIV's "boat-like" handling and lagging gears). Not to mention I know TONS of good gamers, and they all admit, beating GTA without cheats, no matter how good you are, is nearly impossible, especially if you are a casual gamer. Also, GTAIV was so sad and depressing I played about 20% through and thought "this sucks, poor Niko" and stopped playing. TBOGT was fun though. As for Saints Row, 2 was pretty great and I.M.O. had the best story of the series, I felt involved and actually cared for the characters, and I'll admit I cried when Carlos died, he didn't hurt anyone. SR3 was pretty un-interesting, I'll admit, and as for me, I love sci-fi, and SR4 put GTA (even GTAV) to shame with the destruction to be caused. SR has always been great with on foot controls, easier to get around the map on foot. Plus even the most casual gamer can put SR on an easier difficulty and beat it without cheats, or put it on hard if you're a hardcore gamer for an almost impossible to beat game. Yes the driving physics are horrible, and the games are kinda glitch, but I look past it because they are good games. I like GTA and SR evenly, for their different styles of gameplay. I know that was long, but if you read, my hats off to ya :-)

Rockstar games is awsome and red dead redemption wasnt bad i liked red dead undea i play gta iv alot but i havent had time latly to game beacause of high school and band but i play gta iv when im not on this rockstar bvy far is the best when it comes to games like this

• 2 weeks later...

Although the Game release is in less than a week :wub: (Whoop), Online gaming will not be enabled until the first or second week of October :( (Boo). But none-the-less, it will be an amazing experience once it is released. Also, I have seen some maps on Rockstar's website, interesting map layout. Plus, as time moves on, the map will expand and new cities and "hoosier" towns will be added. In my opinion, they are doing this so they can have as much time as they need to perfect GTA VI to beyond human possibilities.

So whats going on with the PC version of this game?

just like the rest of the GTA's, expect it six to eight months later at least. realistically mabye a year

And said it before, say it again. I really hope they don't dumb down the driving physics. I loved the physics in GTAIV, sure they were cartooney and floppy, but there was some real stuff going on behind the curtain, and it took skill to drive properly in that game. Far as i can see, all that "waah i can't drive for poo" backlash from GTAiV has sort of led to what i call slot car syndrome, See FUEL, Saints Row, Just Cause, L.A. Noire Etc, where the cars handle like slot cars and takes no talent to drive whatsoever, and is therefore boring. Since driving is basically turned into a pick your lane simulator not unlike that quick and deliberately awful driving minigame in the TellTale Sam & Max games.

I'M TRUSTING YOU ROCKSTAR. DON'T poo UP YOUR GAME FOR THE SAKE OF WHINY TALENTLESS BASTARDS.

• Upvote 1

After seeing some of the gameplay footage, it looked kinda like the driving may have been dumbed down, after seeing the way a sports car handled while avoiding traffic. If they do dumb down the driving physics, or the car crunching physics, that would have pretty much made getting the game a waste of the $100 I spent (pre-order SE and book) getting it. Though GTAIV made driving fun, the rest of the game was boring all the way down to the story. In my opinion, Saints Row IV has put GTA IV to shame as far as entertainment goes, and I hope GTA V won't disappoint. Hopefully no depressed always disappointing, never get anything story line again either, like GTA IV. I thought The Ballad of Gay Tony was better than the original game... sadly. 

• 2 weeks later...