A couple of questions regarding trucks.

TheRetroStyle

Question

There are two questions that I have regarding trucks in 0.37, and they are:

1. How can I spawn more than 4 trucks outside of the V4 pack in a single-player server without the game crashing?

I have seen a lot of you guys upload pics with more than 4 trucks outside of the V4 pack without the game crashing on you guys, and I'm a bit curious on how you do it so that I may be able to either upload a few pics like those myself or do some things in game on a single-player server.

2. How can you spawn a truck outside of the V4 pack without having to spawn a truck inside the V4 pack first?

i have tried to spawn a truck outside of the V4 pack countless times without having to spawn a truck inside the V4 pack first, but all I keep getting is Error 5 asking for "Gravediggerredflare". I tried doing that in 0.38, but when I did so, the truck would lose it's sound. What I'm wondering is how can you spawn a truck outside of the V4 pack without either having to spawn a V4 truck first or without the truck losing it's sound, so I'll be able to participate in fun runs with no issues with anything whatsoever.

2 answers to this question

First and foremost, extract your V4 folder. If it's a folder, the game can pick out that flare file (and many others) for every truck. \

Second, it has to be a track with a truck shop spawner to have multiple trucks at the same time.

Third, V4 trucks take up less memory than some of the trucks now a days with more details, so that's why you can spawn multiple V4 trucks.

Fourth, Sounds aren't that important IMO, so that's why I don't have an answer for you on your sounds question because I've gotten used to having no motor sounds on my trucks.

Hope this helps you out somewhat. 

Yep, I extracted the V4 pack, and I am now able to spawn trucks outside of V4 without having to spawn a truck inside it first. And, to make matters better, the truck that I spawn first keeps it's sound. Thanks!