RoR Version Differences?

DaveTheSmasher

Question

Hey Guys,

Curious what the differences are between .37 through .39 I keep seeing people reference around here. I run .37 on my at home computer and .38 on my work machine. Do you have to run the latest version in order to race? Do people have preferences? Just curious. I ran a quick search and didn't see a fast answer so I figured I'd post.

Thanks!!!

4 answers to this question

Hey Guys,

Curious what the differences are between .37 through .39 I keep seeing people reference around here. I run .37 on my at home computer and .38 on my work machine. Do you have to run the latest version in order to race? Do people have preferences? Just curious. I ran a quick search and didn't see a fast answer so I figured I'd post.

Thanks!!!

The main differences are as far as gameplay,The gauges are different and also the scenery seems a bit darker as 0.38 and 0.39 are clear and there is no light difference.Also if you run breakable trucks 0.37 you can break the four links but not the wheels off but in 0.38 and 9 you can break the wheels off and the four links

Also note that there is a lot less coding in RoR .38 which creates much less lag. Also the servers are run on a different RoR nets.. RoR .37 runs on RoR net 2.34.. .38 on RoR net 2.35.. As you could guess, since .37 is an outdated version, there are much less servers on 37.. I personally prefer 38, as where you can also use different vehicles that you can't use in 37.. But 37 is a must-need for running Sim Monsters currently.