New computer! Help lol....

raptor660f700

Question

Hey fellas (and maybe a few ladies not sure though). I am going to best buy in the next few days to buy a new desktop computer and was wondering..... what would be the best setup to run ror? Now keep in mind it cant be an all out gaming computer.... my fiance likes to browse the web for stupid "neat" ideas to make the house "pretty" lol... any help would be great though. Just the simple stuff though I am no computer "guru" if you will. Just figured since i will have to re-download every track and v4 it would be nice for it to run as nice as this computer (my dads) does. Also which version should I download of ror? I currently have the .37 i believe. Thank you.

2 answers to this question

I just built a niffty little computer for under $500 bucks and i gotta say i have a gaming computer worth about $4800 and this little $500 pc works just as good when it comes to games like ROR. I only really notice a difference when it comes to more graphic intense games and software such as Battlefield 2 or 3 GTA 4 Call of Duty Max payne or software like AutoCad2012 or any 3D modeling software that i use etc. What i decided to with for my CPU was the niffty little all in one APU processing unit from AMD A4-3400. It has your GPU and your CPU needs all in one little unit and what a space saver this little guy is. Best thing to remember with this is want to keep it cool and keep it free from dust but the performace is out of this world and i don't overclock so im sure if you were to enter that realm it would knock your socks off but as for me im not a fan of overclocking(IMO). You can pick one up for about $65 or less these days. I would go with atleast 4GB of memory(never can have enough memory IMO so more is always better) a 350watt power supply or greater, and whatever size hard drive you want as long as its HDD 7200 RPM. If you go SSD it wont matter but they are a little more expensive. Think of them as huge ass flash drives but they are hard drives tho just with no moving parts. Wtih this basic outline for a setup you can put a niffty little machine together for UNDER $500.00 and it will stand the test of time. Im not telling you this on me reading reviews and stuff I telling you this from my own personal experiences. All of what i said is IMO so take it for what its worth and have fun because that's what its all about.