Extreme Troubles Figuring Out Blender

BigfootFanTV

Question

Well i've been working with Google SketchUp for a while now and I want to get on the band wagon and start using Blender. The only problem is that I have no idea what i'm doing. I've looked at countless tutorials to try and figure it out but it just doesn't seem to work. I have a specific track in-mind I want to create. So if anyone on here wants to sit down with me on AIM or Skype and talk over how to work with Blender I will "highly" appreciate it.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Well, I really suggest just playing around with the tools first. Add planes and start moving the verts up and down just to get your feet wet in the modeling process. It is both hands on and visual learning. I'm really not good at explaining things as you can tell if you have seen my track making basics.

I see where you are coming from. I was in your shoes a little over a year ago. I started using sketchup in 2010 and stop using it in July of 2011. All I say is do what Klayton said. Play around with the tools and get a feel for what everything does.