Just A Small update on schooling.

crazyman444

Well those that know me, I like to share projects and other things that I end up either surprising myself with, or just plain love doing. So last year in April I went to school for Automotive and Chassis Fab. Auto was ok made it through without to much trouble. Chassis Fab has been plain awesome, learned a lot more about welding than I knew and learned tig welding something I have wanted to learn for quite sometime. Also learned how easy it is to notch tubing without having a notcher to use. And how to take measurements to make a full chassis to fit a certain tire in the rear, and what ever else is needed. Also learned how to get bend points for a roll bar.

So you can say I am quite proud of myself. And just to share these.

5 Point Thin Wall. Tig welded. All measurement had to be within a 16th of a inch. if you where off to much you got the awesomeness of redoing.

IMG_0187_zps15a8a863.jpg

This is where things get more precise. This is the mock frame rail. Everything gets made from scratch. Needs to be 4" long, and 1 1/2" wide if it is not the 1 1/2" you get to redo it. Not finished with this as it needs to have a hole drill in a certain location in which you can only be a 16th off, and need to have a sleeve tig welded in place. Then you get to cut it in half. Mig weld with a backing on one side, and tig weld without backing on the other. Plus you have to finish your welds as i have started to do here.

IMG_0189_zpsd9da7ae4.jpg

• Upvote 3