New member and want to play RoR monster trucks.

calvin83

Question

2 answers to this question

I have no idea how far along you are, but I'll take it that you are an absolute beginner. I'm no veteran either. Anyway, here we go...

1. Download Rigs of Rods - Download ROR version 0.37.126 from THIS link. On that page are two files. One is the actual Rigs of Rods game and the other is the content pack. If you want to do anything else besides driving monster trucks (you will), I suggest downloading that too. It has a variety of terrains, buses, cars, trucks, and all sorts of neat stuff to play around with. 

2. Download Sim-Monsters V4 Pack - Download the pack HERE. This is the giant pack of trucks we all start with.There is well over 100. It's all the ones you'd want and then a ton you probably haven't even heard of. When it is downloaded you simply put the pack into the "packs" folder inside the Rigs of Rods folder (that was installed automatically) within your Documents folder. 

3. Download Tracks - The V4 Pack is only trucks. You have to download tracks individually. Just go to the "Downloads" section of this site, HERE, and search around for tracks you want to use. After downloading them, place them into the "terrains" folder, again, inside the Rigs of Rods folder (that was installed automatically) within your Documents folder.

4. Get More Stuff - Once you are bored of the trucks or just want more tracks, you can go back to the "Downloads" section and find a TON of additional trucks and tracks to download. Make sure any trucks you download from Sim-Monsters.com, unless the description says otherwise, go into the V4 pack folder. After downloading, extract the .zip straight into that folder. For tracks, you follow the same procedure as in Step 3. In addition, you can go on the official Rigs of Rods website's repository (HERE) and find all sorts of other stuff, including planes and boats. Pretty much all of those should go into the "vehicles" or the "terrains" folder.

5. Multiplayer/Online - I haven't gotten into online racing, but it is a main piece of the puzzle on Sim-Monsters. So if you get bored just blasting around like a psychopath in your own little world (I don't mind), you can try that out. I can't guarantee this is still up to date, but it is a little guide that includes a bit of info on how to get started. http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/tutorials/article/3-guide-to-sim-monsters/

So there you go. I just spent 45 minutes at 2am to give you and any other beginners a half-decent path to enjoying Rigs of Rods. Hope it was worth it. 

NOTE:

- You might notice there is a newer version of Rigs of Rods, 0.38.67. You can use it, but it is plagued with a missing tire issue on trucks in the V4 Pack. There is a fix you can find on these forums, but I strongly suggest that if you aren't confident you won't mess things up, don't bother. No point in dealing with the agony of messing everything up and having to re-download and re-install. I personally do use 0.38, but it was a time-consuming pain in the --- to get it working and I was fully willing to take the risk and "waste" my time.

• Upvote 1