The newbiest newb questions you will ever hear, umm..read

chad4208

Question

Well...Very obvoius who I am..  (waits for a cheer...)  

Anyway I finally decided it's time...  And after looking through things I decided I'm going to get a new laptop first but I digress.  Point is I have some newb questions, some of which I could answer myself if I just...you know...installed the game!  But I can't yet being my laptop is in a state of hardware meltdown...but in terms of weither I can continue doing youtube videos as Ive been doing and certain prefernces...I have questions"

For starters...and I'm going to get kicked in the butt on this one...  Can you save replays like in MTM2?  Like do a race run or freestyle run and save it for later fraps capturing?  Was worried about that

(camera question answered...moving on...)

Okay...  BLENDER...it works as both traxx and binedit?  I saw a tutorial about importing meshes (which I had to ask what that meant) into blender...But my real question is I notice most track shave a racing version and a dirty fs version...  I was wondering how possible it was to import the dirty freestyle version and restore the clean textures to make a clean freetsyle version?  or the race verion and make it a fs track if that easier...but I fugure the first ecenerio would be more  accurate...Since I have no idea how blender works...  How can this be done? Maybe a tutorial...but these things were bothering me

What other applicatiosn would I need?  Blender?  Python (where do I save that to?  ROR folder or blender folder?

5 answers to this question

P.S.  For those of you wondering...When I talk about moddifying existing tracks to fit my needs (for the video series, if any of that is even possible...) I don't mean Im going to be releasing stuff like that, etc...  thats just for those videos, again assuming I can even do them on this game...  thats what this post is about...Wether certain stuff I need to be able to do to make those things happen is possible, not forging or stealing other peoples stuff...

Well...thats a downer...  so is the fact the .37-126 download put a virus on teh computer so im getting text scripts pop ups every few seconds....   Bleep...

But um....     Yea I guess later I can plat around with it but as for really getting into it, seems ehh now...  I mean If I cant do my own little shows in my free time then the lasting apeal is minimal... and without the ability to replay and film at different angles then it doesnt work...does it?   :(     Well....sometimes theres a down side to being a little different...  Leauges are great and all but Im too fickle to stay to a scedule and tahts not what I like... 

Anyway...  Since I was trying to try the game anyway and it virated my computer, Ill just ask...  Wheres a link that doesnt have a virus with it????    Nevermind thats a media fire issue isnt it?  I didnt have my antivirus on....  found the thread...and is there any option in game that allows a user to time a pass?  Like I stage a truck....go at a random....no of course not...what am I asking...  I always did the run save the replay, did the other run, save the replay then stop watch the replays to see who won if it wasnt obvoius...  I guess theres no way I can do that in ROR, so doing what I was doing with MTM2 is impossible...I guess right?  Im asking....

If you go to my tutorial in the tutorials section of this site, the link to the proper, official version of ROR will be there. No virus. Only use the official source. I assume you are using Windows of course.

The lack of decent replay functionality is a big pain in the butt. It'd be so much easier to go back and record crazy mishaps or saves or whatever. You could always use a screen recorder. There are several free ones around. If you have a decent computer, you may be able to record the runs that way w/o too much frame drop.

it was your link...And its something on media fire, not the downlaod istelf....   Im saying I cant do what I was/am doing with MTM2.  Theresno way to even time my own racing passes.  Doesn't mean I cant play the game if I can ever figure out how to get it set up properly...Obvoiusly my first attempt resulted in the virus and a lot of confusion...    But Im bummed that I cant do what I wanted to do with it...  I mean check out my youtube page (chad4208) if you have no idea what i am talking about.  I wanted to do that with ROR and apparently I cant...  Sucks....