Show Your Projects: Chapter 4

mdemko

I think you guys should relax. The truck doesn't look that bad at all.

I finally got Ethans track to work (*cough .38) and I must say its a rather nice track. I loooove arenas so this one is an A in my book. Though I do not like the modified grip level at all. I like the tracks where you need actual skill to drive on and need to use the throttle to make it go where you want. With grip hack tracks anyone can turn on a dime and it really doesn't show anyones true skill level in the game. It's not a challenge and therefore to me its no fun if it isn't. Regardless its a nice track and the effort put in to it shows.

• Upvote 3

I think you guys should relax. The truck doesn't look that bad at all.

I finally got Ethans track to work (*cough .38) and I must say its a rather nice track. I loooove arenas so this one is an A in my book. Though I do not like the modified grip level at all. I like the tracks where you need actual skill to drive on and need to use the throttle to make it go where you want. With grip hack tracks anyone can turn on a dime and it really doesn't show anyones true skill level in the game. It's not a challenge and therefore to me its no fun if it isn't. Regardless its a nice track and the effort put in to it shows.

see I find that interesting, because first off, I always thought the modified grip was harder, just cause it is so easy to put on its lid, secondly, kinda frustrating when I watched my local arena a couple days ago thinking, ok, they can turn well, with no throttle, why can't i? I understand the low grip is how u want to drive, and I'm fine with that, I'm just curious whats gonna make it the most realistic, not arguing, just my point of view, and curious as to what u think of it

More grip does not make it realistic at all (in my opinion). Some tracks do have grip I realize that. And for some occasions its not a problem but for me I find the non grippy tracks more realistic and challenging. I'm sure Dig will probably agree with me on this and as will others. It takes more skill to maneuver around a non grippy track (because you need to use the throttle, brake and rear steer more) then it does on a hacked up grip track. I'm not bashing anyones style or tracks but I just believe the tracks you can slide on are more fun and realistic in my eyes.

• Upvote 3

lol, more fun, heck yah, and on the big tracks I completely agree, but it was nice to be able to turn away from the wall, at Chicago, if its more realistic, I really don't know, not sure I ever will, but I'm not making the tracks, so I won't complain, that was cool, good to hear opinions, (the people agree'in with u say alot)

More grip does not make it realistic at all (in my opinion). Some tracks do have grip I realize that. And for some occasions its not a problem but for me I find the non grippy tracks more realistic and challenging. I'm sure Dig will probably agree with me on this and as will others. It takes more skill to maneuver around a non grippy track (because you need to use the throttle, brake and rear steer more) then it does on a hacked up grip track. I'm not bashing anyones style or tracks but I just believe the tracks you can slide on are more fun and realistic in my eyes.

Somewhat agree.

The large chicago style tracks you guys run don't have a lot of grip, which is, you're right, more challenging and more realistic.

What I've been doing is watching a sample race from the real life equivalent track, and then doing a lap or two in ROR. The large stadium tracks, which you describe as the non grippy tracks, look dead on to the real thing in terms of how the trucks behave. In the case of Allstate Arena, I've been watching this vid (skip to 5:10):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxlt2MFcaoc

With the increased grip that Ethan put, you're actually able to drive the track exactly like the passes you see in the vid. You can almost take the turn perfectly USING BOTH AXLES and not have the truck slide or need to correct with the rear steer like you would on a big arena track.

please don't hit me if the above post sounded dumb

• Upvote 3

Oggy...track type has nothing to do with grip. Surface type, however does. Tracks like Atlanta are stickier because of the clay they use. Normal dirt surfaces will be less tacky, grass will be slippery, and concrete will be the slickest. It also depends on the tread that the truck runs(doesnt matter in ROR). Large beefy tread will dig into the dirt allowing for more grip, Where balder, turf tires will grip concrete better. That is why off-roaders run super swamper boggers and drag racers run slicks.

Here is a diagram I made...

bf-1.jpg