Suicide Awareness

JJfan48

To start off this is not for sympathy, just a serious matter.

At my high-school over the course of the past few weeks we had an anti-bulling campaign and in that was pushing kids to far, including suicide

well, on Saturday October 12th, 2013 my friend since the 8th grade, at 8:00am was found dead in his room of suicide, possibly related to bulling

Sad isn't it. That someone can be pushed so far as to kill themselves.

He was funny, smart and athletic kid with dreams of flying a F-22 raptor over Afgan for his country.

Rest in peace my friend.

Those of you in High School on this forum, please if you see bullying, stop it.

Today, friends, teachers, counselors ,students, not even friends of his where devastated. 

I had him in my 5th period class for Algebra II, great kid, very smart. Hilarious and funny

Nothing was left ,no texts, no note, no voicemail, social media, no signs of depression. "out of the blue it turned to horror"

For those of you here who like Rock and metal he was in band "Moon of Age" with a few other students, you can support/listen/download their stuff here

He was tough, Air Force ROTC

Thanks for reading, don't want sympathy this to raise awareness and hopefully prevent this to happening more and more

josh_zps3e096cf6.png

• Upvote 9

I have a few friends that suffer from depression, not from being bullied by for other reason. I also have friends who have self-harmed before. It's a scary thing. 

As for bullying, it is a terrible thing and my school has a strict anti-bullying policy. I am very grateful that I have never been bullied because the feeling of self anguish must be unbearable.

I am sorry for your lose. 

• Upvote 1

This is a very personal topic for me, my older brother committed suicide in 2006, and this school year it just seems like that unrivaled brutality toward others is showing so much more than it should.  Several of my friends have harmed themselves in the past and even been on the edge of ending it all.  I'm also not saying this for sympathy, because they've all improved from their lows by now, but to tell that it's just so sad how evil humans can be and to show how widespread this evilness is.

But of course this hatred dies and is replaced by sympathy when a victim takes drastic measures...

...and then everyone forgets it happened three days later and the "changes" they were going to make never happen. 

I still were the yellow ribbon with his name on it everyday. Only his close friends do anymore. 

We had a sticky note complement day where kids wrote positive things on notes and gave them to people. 

I'm sure it wont last too long before that dies off.

Sorry to hear it was within family.

One of my friends just started smoking pot. Oh this'll be long year.

That's not even that bad. I know kids who do cocaine. And I don't live in the ghetto or anything.

She came to the school because kids started spreading rumors about her being pregnant etc

Goes to my school, kids say she's doing it with her ex-boyfriend

Hangs out with the wrong people for one day, she's addicted now. So just phasing her out as my and my girlfriend want no part of it really, but still feel bad

And yes PC 

life does suck, but it has its moments lol

back to Josh, sent his parents a mini letter

Turns out, he had just been broken up with, rejected by USAF w/ a 4.0 GPA and recruit for local ROTC high school division. 

His band wasn't doing so well, just bad chain of events. Couldn't handle it I guess. Wish I could've talked him out. Didn't even have his # though

I absolutely understand the anti-bullying campaigning, but I'm always annoyed at the way people go about trying to fix it. We should be focusing on how to get kids to cope with bullying in healthy ways, instead of trying to create this unattainable utopia where no one is bullied. The way we go about it actually makes kids more sensitive to bully attacks. Instead of dealing with it and moving on, we are sortta pushing them to make a big deal out of it. It gives the bullying more recognition than it needs. Then when there is no one to turn to as adults, how will these people cope? Call the cops? Because someone said you were ugly?

• Upvote 2

One of my friends just started smoking pot. Oh this'll be long year.

What's wrong with smoking pot? I would Love to hear your reasoning. <_< 2 of my college buddies smoke more pot than anyone I know...They are working on their P.H.D.s i0n bio-chemistry and are currently working in research labs at 2 major Texas universities.

I use cocaine occasionally. Along with LSD and MDMA. I have a bachelors degree, a decent job, a great fiancé, a nice little chunk of change in savings, and am debt free. I've never been arrested, ticketed, or convicted for any drug charges. Lets not make this a thread talking about how drugs ruin peoples lives. Its not the drugs that ruin peoples lives, its the people themselves. They don't know moderation, or self control. You can give me the cocaine is highly addictive speech all yall want, but until yall try it for yourselves and see just how not that bad it really is, please leave the drug bashing out of this. Just remember anything in excess is bad for you. Responsible drug use can be quite fun and enjoyable.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT FOR HEAVY DRUG USE. THIS IS AN ENDORSEMENT FOR RESPONSIBLE, SAFE DRUG USE!

Just to add a thought.... It seems that with each generation, kids are becoming bigger and bigger pussies. Back in my day, if some kid called you a name and pushed you, you whooped his ass, or at least tried. Even if you lost the fight, you at least showed everyone that you could stand up for yourself. I am going to have to agree with simpleton on this one. And it all goes back to the parents really. These days every kid gets a trophy and there are no losers. Parents try to overly protect their children from the harsh realities of life. And when that child grows up, it doesn't know how to handle situations on its own.

After re reading this, I feel I must clarify something. This is not an attack on those who suffer from the situation. My statements are directed at the overall pussification of American youth as a whole. I do give my condolences to you and your friends family.

• Upvote 1

What I'm getting at is I see no reason why drugs had to be brought up in the first place. I'm not saying you should go out and try them. Those of use who do them have our reasons. America just has an extremely biased view on us just because a small percentage of us abuse. The problem isn't the drugs, it's the people doing them. Demko/McCauley 2016.

What I'm getting at is I see no reason why drugs had to be brought up in the first place. I'm not saying you should go out and try them. Those of use who do them have our reasons. America just has an extremely biased view on us just because a small percentage of us abuse. The problem isn't the drugs, it's the people doing them. Demko/McCauley 2016.

Honestly I dont think drugs should be illegal. Honestly its a waste of money to try to stop people to take substances that they will get their hands on anyways.

I don't even know what MDMA is

I'm with ya there

and  mdemko

It's not that I'm saying its bad, its that shes on consistently, and In the last 3 times i've seen her she's either blowing off me and my girlfriend to go get high or she's already stoned out of her mind