Blender Help

maxdman

Question

Alright guys I'm going to dip my feet in blender again and I'm having some issues that you experts could easily explain to me.

So first off lets say i extrude two vertices and I want to connect them to two other points how do I do that?  

And secondly since I'm a noob to blender what are some good ways to move the camera around other than the scroll wheel?  Like how can I place the camera on different axis in order to see my model from straight on views.  

If you have any other advice for a beginner feel free to post it! All help is appreciated!

3 answers to this question

One way to connect vertices (that I use), is to select the vertices you want to connect, then press "F" to add an edge between them (for two vertices), or a face between them (for 3 or 4 vertices).

To move the view, there should be a button called "View" down near the lower right corner of the 3D preview window. Clicking this brings up a drop-down menu, with options for view angles (Top, Side, Front, etc.). In Blender 2.49, you can also click anywhere in the 3D preview window to move the "crosshair," then press "C" to center the view on the crosshair.

Thanks i got those down now.  Now its time to figure out how to texture everything...

EDIT: Okay so I now have 4 completed tracks, one replica, one custom, each with racing and freestyle.  Can someone PLEASE post a tutorial, or just explain how to bake and texture tracks?  If someone can help me with that I will start to test and release them as soon as they're ready. 

I'm going to bump this because I'm dying to get these in game.  Can someone explain how to bake, texture and get blender tracks in game.  I'd even give someone the .blend file to bake it and teach me how to texture it.  Come on guys I've been in this community since the first week of the RORMJ and I'm trying to add to the community help a brother out!