Every downloaded truck gets an error message :(

ThatCrazyCannuck

Question

Hey everyone! 

So I am pretty clueless when it comes to computers and managing files for programs such as ROR. I have managed to get some things working but I cannot for the life of me figure out whats going wrong, here is the full story:

I have downloaded and installed ROR .37.126, and put the SMV4 pack into the trucks folder. I have since downloaded a whole bunch of the trucks in the download section, only... most of the them get an error message. Here are some of the trucks that are getting this error: 

Maximum Destruction pack: the all updated and anniversary bodies 

Storm Damage 2014

Hurricane Force 2014

Wonder Wagon 2014

Mopar Magic 2.0 custom (the first one to have the Uki tires and detailed axels)

The update pack made by Chris H, those trucks don't even show up (and I extracted the files on those and dumped them into the SMV4 main folder)

My question is, how to I get the downloaded trucks to work properly? Are there some that are supposed to be extracted and dumped into the main folder, or should all be dumped into the folder, or remain in the zip? And, are there specific trucks or download objects that are needed for them to work?

I have also tried doing the whole "clear and regen cache" thing, with no luck as well. 

Please be specific in your answers

I appreciate all your help! 

3 answers to this question

No if people knew how to release trucks properly as standalone you would not need to extract anything. However to make it easier to rule out the possibility it is recommended that unzip the smV4 pack into your My Documents/Rigs of Rod/Packs folder. This will cause ROR to read that folder as a directory to find and use the possible missing files from a zip. Or you could just extract any add on truck to the Packs folder and everything should work (that is unless the truck you download requires models or textures from another truck that is a add on aswell).

• Upvote 1

No if people knew how to release trucks properly as standalone you would not need to extract anything. However to make it easier to rule out the possibility it is recommended that unzip the smV4 pack into your My Documents/Rigs of Rod/Packs folder. This will cause ROR to read that folder as a directory to find and use the possible missing files from a zip. Or you could just extract any add on truck to the Packs folder and everything should work (that is unless the truck you download requires models or textures from another truck that is a add on aswell).

Thank you for you helpful input! I tried that and although it has worked for some, now I get a lot of trucks just causing ROR to stop working.