Sway Bars

Helen Weales

Question

I searched around, but couldn't find any information on sway bars in the game. First, which portion of the .truck file controls the movement of them? I made some pretty radical shock adjustments to some of my trucks, and now the sway bars do not move the way they should -- they no longer stay hinged, and move forwards/backwards. Is there a solution to this?

And how are basic adjustments made? I see a "swaybar" section, and tried randomly changing numbers to try and figure out what each number means, but I'm having a difficult time with this one. The following is what I am referring to:

;Swaybar
set_beam_defaults -1, -1, 1000000, 10000000000000
set_beam_defaults 2000000,  1050, 1000000, 10000000000000
25, 41, i
7, 46, i
28, 66, i
9, 71, i
set_beam_defaults -1, -1, 1000000, 10000000000000

Any help would be much appreciated!

3 answers to this question

I have starting using Editorizer (after searching the web this seems like the only way to edit nodes/beams). However, when I load a .truck file, the wheels are missing, and it seems like other things might be as well. Is it not possible to load (an already) fully-functional truck to move nodes and beams around, or am I doing something wrong?

I'm once again trying to edit the swaybars. I watched the tutorial on how to edit node/beam structures via Blender, but I still cannot for the life of me figure out what is controlling the sway bars... Would anyone be so kind as to highlight where they are in the image below?

Also, why does the truck go absolutely crazy when I try to remove the flag? I presume it's connected to something else and it has to stay? And does all of this control the weight distribution or is that related to something else in the .truck file?

I really want to get all of this figured out so I can put the finishing touches on my electric truck projects, and begin BIGFOOT 8 with fully-functional cantilevers. Any help would be much appreciated!

24g4VdC.png