Control Issues

RiggytheRod

Question

Hello everyone. After not playing this game for a while, I decided I would boot it back up. During the period of time where I did not play it, I downloaded Windows 10. When the game loaded,I picked a track, picked a truck, and I was off. However, when I started the truck and put it into first gear, it went off at full throttle without me pressing a button or holding down a trigger. I found that this happened in all of the versions of ROR I have (.37, .38, and the newest ROR). I am using the input map I made a while ago, and I have not changed anything on that since I made it the first time. I have no idea why this is happening. My only guess is either Windows 10 changed something or something else happened. Any suggestions or thoughts on how o fix this or to determine the cause of this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Try right clicking the throttle control and switching it to reverse and see what that does. That's what I had to do to my pedal inputs, otherwise it'd be full throttle without pressing it and no throttle when fully depressed.

Okay so I tried this in .37 (I don't think there is an option to do it in .38) and I got some weird results. I right clicked on accelerate and clicked reverse. I didn't change anything else. What this did for me was 1.) Switch the triggers around so the left trigger was accelerate and the right trigger did not work at all 2.) Whenever I accelerated, I had to do it very slowly and gradually or else a light would show up on the GUI that said clutch overload or something like that. It was the bottom light. So couldn't just gun it. 3.) Like I mentioned, the right trigger did nothing, so there were no brakes.  Let me know if I need to reverse anything else or if I did something wrong. Thanks for the suggestion, I can at least drive in one of the games now.

Clutch overload is normal. That'll happen every time you hit the gas.

But if that didn't fix the problem, then I don't have anything else to suggest. Sorry dude.

Well, glad to hear clutch overload is normal. Thanks for the help. I'll screw around with .38 a bit and see if I can get it to work. Maybe I'll get back to this thread if I get it to work. Thanks again.