Beau sound pack issues

kmp21093

Question

So I finally downloaded the since I could get digger 32 to work without it. I installed the new sounds and the modified stock sounds like it says to and it worked and out of no where I now have no sounds at all even on trucks that worked without it. Any ideas or suggestions.

11 answers to this question

So far ive gotten the sound back for most truck but its the stock sound. Digger 32 will show up now but I have no sound for diggers 25, 27, 29 and 32. I also don't have sound on some trucks from the v4 pack and some which say they require beau sound pack even though they've worked prior to all of this.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 0:46 AM, Gabe2304 said:

Go into the config and clear/regen the cache.

I did that with the sound pack added and still had no sounds, at the end of regen it dings like a missing file and the game crashes. I got the stock sounds back working on what came in V4 and a few extra trucks ive added but most still have no sound at all.

On April 7, 2016 at 6:30 PM, LeMaddog said:

Did you edit the sounds in the .truck file correctly?

I only added the edited files and the new sound files to the pack like the read me file said to. What in the .truck needs to be edited?

5 hours ago, kmp21093 said:

I only added the edited files and the new sound files to the pack like the read me file said to. What in the .truck needs to be edited?

Open the .truck file using notepad, and find these lines

soundsources

98, GraveDiggerEngine
98, GraveDiggerStarter

Once you find those, head into one of the edited files and find a sound. For example, one file may have this

soundsources

98, Zoomies
98, MonsterStarter
98, Monsterreverse

Copy that, then head back into the .truck file you were editing, and replace the GraveDiggerEngine and GraveDiggerStarter with whatever sounds you wanted .

Don't copy soundsources, they should already be in that .truck file.

Hope this helps.

9 hours ago, LeMaddog said:

soundsources

98, GraveDiggerEngine
98, GraveDiggerStarter

Once you find those, head into one of the edited files and find a sound. For example, one file may have this

soundsources

98, Zoomies
98, MonsterStarter
98, Monsterreverse

Copy that, then head back into the .truck file you were editing, and replace the GraveDiggerEngine and GraveDiggerStarter with whatever sounds you wanted .

Hope this helps.

Thanks ill give this a try.

On April 11, 2016 at 11:27 PM, LeMaddog said:

soundsources

98, GraveDiggerEngine
98, GraveDiggerStarter

soundsources

98, Zoomies
98, MonsterStarter
98, Monsterreverse

Hope this helps.

So I finally got around to doing this today and when I go to save it Windows says that I need admin permission even though the only account is the admin account on my computer. Anybody know where to go about this? I've tried changing the uac to never notify me and it didn't change anything. Would I need to restart for this to take effect?

On 4/17/2016 at 5:56 PM, kmp21093 said:

So I finally got around to doing this today and when I go to save it Windows says that I need admin permission even though the only account is the admin account on my computer. Anybody know where to go about this? I've tried changing the uac to never notify me and it didn't change anything. Would I need to restart for this to take effect?

Uh, that's never happened to me... maybe restart. I'm not sure.