Having trouble with joining meshes

Garrett Hanson

Question

6 answers to this question

Just now, Garrett Hanson said:

were can I find that?

Its in the same place as Edge Split, but when clicking modifiers, make sure all of them are selected, instead of hitting Edge Split, find Mirror. Once you do that, if it doesn't mirror evenly to begin with, go to the modifier options and select a different axis to mirror it across.

You're going to screw it all up with those other props being on different Axis (plural for axis?) You need to start fresh with just the chassis, apply all of the mirror modifiers, Join the pieces of the chassis together, recalculate the normals on the chassis, flip any upside down verts, set the chassis to smooth, and then edge split. Then you can start putting props on. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jon Cannon said:

You're going to screw it all up with those other props being on different Axis (plural for axis?) You need to start fresh with just the chassis, apply all of the mirror modifiers, Join the pieces of the chassis together, recalculate the normals on the chassis, flip any upside down verts, set the chassis to smooth, and then edge split. Then you can start putting props on. 

I figured it out.

2 hours ago, leggster said:

If i'm not mistaking in kozak's chassis pack there is video covering that...

I figured It out.