TRUCK INSTALLATION ISSUES?

erhminer

Question

Ok firstly this is how I install the trucks, first i download the truck i want then I drag all the files from the .zip into the smv4 .zip THEN ONCE I GET INGAME after regening my cache the game shows only the truck that was installed then the game crashes when I try to spawn it please help!

Edited by erhminer

The trucks that you download cannot be in a ZIP file. It has to be extracted, then put all of the files that are extracted into the v4 folder.

there's a bunch of things that could be wrong though, you just kind of have to sort it out.

My problem right now is that the bounty hunter pack isn't working, it says im missing the GreyHydraulic.mesh.

The trucks that you download cannot be in a ZIP file. It has to be extracted, then put all of the files that are extracted into the v4 folder.

there's a bunch of things that could be wrong though, you just kind of have to sort it out.

My problem right now is that the bounty hunter pack isn't working, it says im missing the GreyHydraulic.mesh.

I know that I use winrar.

What version of ROR are you using? What does the ROR.log located in Documents/Rigs of Rod/Logs say? Open it and scroll to the bottom it will tell you what is causing the truck crashing if it is a missing file.

I use .38 and the error message says.. 21:54:51: OGRE EXCEPTION(4:ItemIdentityException): SoundScript with the name MonsterStarter already exists. in SoundScriptManager::createTemplate at D:\data\ror-trunk\source\main\audio\SoundScriptManager.cpp (line 187)
21:54:51:  *** error opening 'c:\users\erik\docume~1\rigs of rods 0.38\packs\0.38_smpack_v4 (3).zip': some files are duplicates of existing files. The archive/directory will be ignored.
21:54:51: error while opening resource: OGRE EXCEPTION(4:ItemIdentityException): SoundScript with the name MonsterStarter already exists. in SoundScriptManager::createTemplate at D:\data\ror-trunk\source\main\audio\SoundScriptManager.cpp (line 187)
21:54:51: BEAM: loading new truck: GraveDigger242015.truck
21:54:51: BIO|INFO    |GraveDigger242015.truck:0000 | none | Start of truck loading: GraveDigger242015.truck
21:54:51: BIO|ERROR   |GraveDigger242015.truck:0036 | managedmaterials | Warning: managed material 'SOLID/TEX/Chrome.png' already exists
21:54:51: BIO|ERROR   |GraveDigger242015.truck:0041 | managedmaterials | Warning: managed material 'SOLID/TEX/ArmedForces5KnuckleBolts.png/VertCol' already exists
21:54:51: BIO|ERROR   |GraveDigger242015.truck:0048 | managedmaterials | Warning: managed material 'SOLID/TEX/Chrome.png' already exists
21:54:51: BIO|ERROR   |GraveDigger242015.truck:0049 | managedmaterials | Warning: managed material 'SOLID/TEX/Chrome.png' already exists
21:54:51: Loading WAV file MonsterStart2.wav
21:54:51: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Unable to derive resource group for MonsterStart2.wav automatically since the resource was not found. in ResourceGroupManager::findGroupContainingResource at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 1782)

It tells you right in the last line, your missing the file MonsterStart2.wav

You can find it here.

Yea I did all that and now I get this? Why don't the truck creators tell us where to get files!!!:angry::angry:

08:47:08: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource 2014SUDaxle.png in resource group General-Reloaded-2 or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 753)
08:47:08: Error loading texture 2014SUDaxle.png. Texture layer will be blank. Loading the texture failed with the following exception: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource 2014SUDaxle.png in resource group General-Reloaded-2 or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 753)
08:47:08: Texture: GD27Axle.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1.
08:47:08: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource 2014SUDhydroS.png in resource group General-Reloaded-2 or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 753)
08:47:08: Error loading texture 2014SUDhydroS.png. Texture layer will be blank. Loading the texture failed with the following exception: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource 2014SUDhydroS.png in resource group General-Reloaded-2 or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 753)
08:47:08: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource 2014SUDhydro-spec.png in resource group General-Reloaded-2 or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 753)
08:47:08: Error loading texture 2014SUDhydro-spec.png. Texture layer will be blank. Loading the texture failed with the following exception: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource 2014SUDhydro-spec.png in resource group General-Reloaded-2 or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 753)
08:47:08: Texture: GD27Hydro.png: Loading 1 faces(PF_A8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1) with  hardware generated mipmaps from Image. Internal format is PF_A8R8G8B8,1024x1024x1.
08:47:08: OGRE EXCEPTION(5:ItemIdentityException): Unable to derive resource group for SilverHydroRam.mesh automatically since the resource was not found. in ResourceGroupManager::findGroupContainingResource at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 1782)