Blender texture issue

Stephen Hopkins

Question

Ive been working on a project which ive been appending truck props into the truck. I keep every prop separate and textured so I can add them when/ however I need. However one prop refuses to append with its textures..... that being Rock's 2014 Transmission. No matter how I save it, where, name etc it always appends un textured. Anyone else have this issue? Know of a fix? 

12 answers to this question

Are the textures in the right folder and directory? Just to be sure, I would "replace" the textures from wherever they are located on your computer and save the original file, then try appending.

yeah the transmission is pink for me as well. Usually when it is pink like that, it has the tetxures applied to it. You should be able to see what it is textured with in the UV Map screen, after you go into edit mode.

Basically what I did was download the model. I replaced the textures in the model and saved it. Then I opened my truck and tried to append both the batteries and transmission as a object, both of which appended with no textures. Ive had no issue such as this before.... heck I have half the truck finished via appending models I used on another truck, but these two just wont work with me.

When I reopen the models..... ex. (transmission2014.mesh) it opens textured just as I had left it. 

Edited by Stephen Hopkins

I just downloaded and tested it myself in 2.49b. It is indeed an issue with the texture location as I mentioned in my previous post. You need the replace all three textures in the UV/Image Editor. This happens when a .blend file is transferred to a different location, and Blender fails to load the textures when it can't find the directories in the file information. This has happened to me with most parts I've downloaded here.

Edited by Helen Weales

I downloaded them, but the blends in my blend folder, textures in my texture folder. I opened the blend, it appears un textured. I replaced the textures with the files that are now located in my textures folder. The transmission looks fine and textured, I save and close the blend. I reopen and all the textures are still present. So I save this file as (ex 2014_transmissiontest.blend) and close again. I now open the new file, its still textured, I then try to append the identical file and this is what happens. Ive tried renaming the "plane.00" to different names with no avail there either. The thing that bugs me is when I replace the texture, the little preview never actually shows the texture like it normally would (which is why I have that open to show), Im thinking thats probably the root of the issue. 

22689651803_afd0a245cb_o.jpg

23208477012_bd31fbc951_o.jpg

Edited by Stephen Hopkins

I went back deleted all the old files, re downloaded, and started using the 249 version of the transmission in blender 249. It replaced the textures no issue with the "preview". Appended and it worked. However in 263 I still couldn't get the "preview" to show up, so for some reason I guess even though the textures are replaced its not really replacing them.