(tracks)Fall Madness II

DannyMackey

File Name: Fall Madness II

File Submitter: DannyMackey

File Submitted: 29 Nov 2012

File Category: Tracks

Thought there wasn't going to be a Fall Madness this year? WRONG. Here in this zip file is Fall Madness II, a track design like no other. Racing will hold a test to those capable of maneuvering through all forms of racing; tight U-Turns, long squared sections, and chicanes, together with table tops, car stacks, and a huge cross-over, will create the ultimate challenge for even the best of drivers. Freestyle will be a free-for-all on a course large enough for two Sam Boyd Stadiums. With giant step up doubles, plateaus, and bus jumps to even the simplest of pyramid stacks, wheelie cars, and sea container jumps; cross-threads, big air, and insane combos alike will become a common spectacle on this track.

And what would a well made track be without proper credits to those who made it:
Track Design:
Danny Mackey

Models:
Danny Mackey (Track, Vehicles, Turn Poles, Banners)
Mark Colineri (Stadium)

Textures Made for Track:
Danny Mackey: (Floor Dirt Textures, Crowd Textures)

Textures:
Danny Mackey: (Various Sponsor Banners, Turn Poles)
Mark Colineri: (Bread Truck, Roof, Fall Madness II Logo, ORL Logo)
Klayton Halog: (Club Box, Dirt Textures)
Hot Shoe: (Banners)
Travis Sewilo: (MLSM Logo)
Sim-Monsters (Wall Banners, Crowd, LED Ad, Protective Plastic, Concrete)
MTM2 (Vehicles)
Rigs of Rods Repository (Sea Container)

I think this pretty much sums everything up, want to thank everyone who helped out to make this a great track for a great event. Also thanks to everyone who choose this track to be home of Fall Madness II. It feels great to have someone use one of my tracks in an event, and Fall Madness of all of them. Enjoy and have fun everyone.

Click here to download this file

I like the track has a lot of really nice jumps that are a pleasure to hit. However it seems to lack flow and seems as if some jumps are just random and or placed in random spots. In my opinion its hard to keep a nice flowing freestyle going without t-boning a obstacle you really cant afford to hit. This is by far my favorite track with skill type ramps(double and gap jumps) however the layout kills it for me. Maybe thats what makes this that special fall madness map that makes it a challenge in racing and freestyle. If you like it you have a lot to be proud of, some of the best jumps I have hit (nice swooping ramps). Overall its a better map then I could ever make and making something to be called fall madness is a honor. I just hope you dont take my comments the wrong way, I hope you see them as constructive criticism on how to maybe improve on other track you make.

Stephen, the track doesn't lack flow, it requires creativity. Not every jump on this track will completely smash you into the air, and i love that. You have to be smart during your run, you can't just hammer and hope to land nice and combo it, you have to have the presence of mind to do that yourself.

I like the track has a lot of really nice jumps that are a pleasure to hit. However it seems to lack flow and seems as if some jumps are just random and or placed in random spots. In my opinion its hard to keep a nice flowing freestyle going without t-boning a obstacle you really cant afford to hit. This is by far my favorite track with skill type ramps(double and gap jumps) however the layout kills it for me. Maybe thats what makes this that special fall madness map that makes it a challenge in racing and freestyle. If you like it you have a lot to be proud of, some of the best jumps I have hit (nice swooping ramps). Overall its a better map then I could ever make and making something to be called fall madness is a honor. I just hope you dont take my comments the wrong way, I hope you see them as constructive criticism on how to maybe improve on other track you make.

I fully understand, nothing negative with what you said. While the track looks real pretty and stuff, there are some flaws, that if I had known going in that this was going to be a Fall Madness track, I may have gone back and redone most of the course. But since the textures had been mapped and textured when they said they'd use it, I didn't rethink the layout at all (I figured that the track was fine the way it was). The track itself had the same layout since sometime a few months ago, and I have worked on a few more tracks since, as well as one I'm working on at this very second, so I'd imagine that future tracks will be better. Hope you still enjoy it anyway, and look forward to anything else I make in the future.

Danny I love it, the jumps are sweet some of my favorites to hit. I just wanted to share my view because i thought you may be interested in others opinions since your kinda new at track stuff. I know I loved the stuff people said about my trucks when I was starting out because things I thought were "ok" made me realize they weren't ok and correct those issues later. Were all in this together we might as well help each other out along the way.

• Upvote 1